Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Look at all these people swimming and on boats etc. That’s summer. Not some COC bullshit of sweatshirts and temps struggling for 70.

No blue collar temps today… holiday weekend and many folks traveling to water during the 3-day weekend.

Better for relaxing, compared to working outside.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pool temp yesterday evening was around 69F.  Curious how it much it gets added.   I’m hoping to use it a few times this week before shutting it down for the year

Really didn’t get to use it much this year

Lots and lots of pool time this year. Pool was 65⁰ now 70⁰. Gonna leave it open this year until it freezes. Gonna do 30i minute cold water immersion therapy. Apparently it is absolutely wonderful for swelling and arthritis. Should be interesting,  only doing mid chest down and ending with a dip

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lots and lots of pool time this year. Pool was 65⁰ now 70⁰. Gonna leave it open this year until it freezes. Gonna do 30i minute cold water immersion therapy. Apparently it is absolutely wonderful for swelling and arthritis. Should be interesting,  only doing mid chest down and ending with a dip

We had so many rainy days that dropped an inch or more of water.  Plus tons of clouds and meh temps.
After an early July warm spell we never got the pool temps up to where I like it. 
My next door neighbor has already covered his (brand new last year).    
I will keep it going for a bit longer

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

83.8F so far.   Warmer than any day in August.  And hotter temps inbound

We’ve hit 88F on a couple 5-min temps… but either way, at least 87F so far.

3:10pm showing 88/70… that’s legit.

DIT’s site at 80.5F right now, wild how hard it is to get heat there in the woods of NE CT. 

On 9/3/2023 at 8:13 AM, HoarfrostHubb said:

We did stop at Jules ice cream near the Beach House at the end.   We. Had done a part of the bike trail (and Colt on bikes) last year but this was our first time we did the whole thing.   Our son had gone to school in Bristol so we knew that well.   Lots of places right on the trail to get food etc.  Beach House, Del’s, a coffee place, more ice cream, a taco place.      The trail currently has two detours because they are rebuilding two old bridges that are rotting away (in Barrrington).    
I would ride that often if I lived there. 1.75 hour drive right now

You rode right past my house.:D I’m a stones throw away. The bike path and colt state park are some of the best reasons to live in Bristol. Though many residents get grouchy about the “crowds” they attract. (Not me)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

87F for the high here.  Highest since early July

The next few days we roast.                  Paving on hiatus

My driveway slated to get final pave on Thursday. They dug it in late June. Much of it washed away this summer . I’ll watch the guys sweat but enjoy being out in it 

bWo887X.jpgKrLS0C4.jpg

• Like 3