Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Idalia Banter

WxSynopsisDavid

2 minutes ago, turtlehurricane said:

I’ve been trying to convince my brother in Crawfordville to evacuate. It’s leaning more and more towards directly hitting him. And he only has plywood shutters. Even as much as I love hurricanes, I would evacuate if I didn’t have proper shutters in a situation like this. 

With a strengthening major hurricane making landfall, yeah he needs to get out while he can.

Think it is clear places like Cedar Key are going to have a really rough time with the surge, even if the storm comes ashore a bit to the NW.

I know the populated location are people are concerned about for impacts in Valdosta, GA. At 18 mph forward speed core would get there ~3.5 hr after landfall.

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Has there ever been a major hurricane that wasn’t retired after a US landfall? This one might be a candidate to avoid retirement based on early returns 

I think there have been at least a few.

25 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Only bc it slammed a WMA instead of a populated city

The perfect major storm that not only hit a sparsely populated area but also fortunately had an eyewall replacement going on just before landfall as opposed to the continued strengthening that some were expecting. But Perry, Madison, and Valdosta still had a big hit.

• Like 2