• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discobs 2023

George BM

Want to keep the severe thread clear so putting this here for more eyes. 

How old do you have to be a trained spotter? I am a spotter but my oldest has the same interest in weather that I do. I told her she should take the course and get trained. She goes to school in DC, will be moving back down there in 3 weeks, so splits her time between there and Frederick. I just looked and you can take the course online now if you cannot in person or virtual. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

How old do you have to be a trained spotter? I am a spotter but my oldest has the same interest in weather that I do. I told her she should take the course and get trained. She goes to school in DC, will be moving back down there in 3 weeks, so splits her time between there and Frederick. I just looked and you can take the course online now if you cannot in person or virtual. 

I believe 18?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, George BM said:

This got lost in the severe tracking but that 12z GFS run for Friday the 18th was total lolism. Temps in the mid 80s+ at the crack of dawn w/ 110+F highs across the region during the afternoon. :lol:

OBVIOUSLY 18z is more realistic with no Desert SW-like heat.

Someone said something about late august heat some time ago, but yeah not that much!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

8 hours ago, yoda said:

I believe 18?

My son became a trained spotter at 16. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic