Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

16 minutes ago, mreaves said:

As a Braves fan, I laugh at you both.

They’ve done a great job crafting a young talented team. Should be great for years too.  Extending young guys prior to free agency and drafting very well has paid off.  Opposite of the Yankees who have been built on older aging veteran free agents.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How many have the Braves won if that’s your path to take ? In the 2000’s 

As Janet Jackson said "What have you done for me lately (oooh oooh yeah)"  The Braves won in 2021.  You and I both know the Yankees won't win again until Cashman is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I told everyone I knew that was a Sox fan that I thought they’d be much better than people thought. I talked several Sox fans off ledge over the winter . They have a good team , but a terrible front office. And that’s coming from a diehard Yankd fan . Ask @40/70 Benchmark

Yes, Yanks are a tremendous disappointment. I recognized in June the season was over 

Sox are about what I thought they were.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sox are about what I thought they were.

Yup, many of us had them with a win total in the 80s… a .500 team or a game or so above.  The jury might still be out on the front office and coaching staff as they are always more concerned with the future than today… which is incredible frustrating at times when they play 162 games a season.  And the games are 3 hours long. Sometimes urgency in the near-term is a good thing when fans lack patience for the long-game.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup, many of us had them with a win total in the 80s… a .500 team or a game or so above.  The jury might still be out on the front office and coaching staff as they are always more concerned with the future than today… which is incredible frustrating at times when they play 162 games a season.  And the games are 3 hours long. Sometimes urgency in the near-term is a good thing when fans lack patience for the long-game.

They both suck

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My kilowatt hours used would call this one worse.   Running AC so much this summer

I haven't had mine on once since late July. Probably says more about me than the temperature however. The girlfriend who lives nearby keeps hers cranked.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

The chamber has returned. 

55/49 and breezy

shot before the shot across the bow air mass ... felt almost nippy on the open-toed shoes and shorts this morning.  Coolest/dries it's been since prior to the June stench pattern ... that went on to claim the entire summer...

This air mass ear-marks the end of summer for me.  It does... despite whatever warm signals moving forward, those are henceforth autumn anomalies to me. This statement may inflame certain warm-biased participants, understood - what can I say... No offense intended.  Time to adult reality

• Like 2

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

shot before the shot across the bow air mass ... felt almost nippy on the open-toed shows and shorts this morning.  Coolest/dries it's been since prior to the June stench pattern ... that went on to claim the entire summer...

This air mass ear-marks the end of summer for me.  It does... despite whatever warm signals moving forward, those are autumn anomalies to me. This statement may inflame certain warm-biased participants, understood - what can I say... No offense intended.  Time to adult reality

We may have the warmest stretch of summer yet. LOL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We may have the warmest stretch of summer yet. LOL.

LOL, yup...

I think it is poetically fitting as a violent disapproval for summer... Pretty significant failure ( being silly here of course...), then underscored by +20C 850s being well mixed, after Met summer officially ends.  haha.

But more seriously though, there's some use to defining 'when the corner is turned' so to speak. And it's not so much the scaler value of the temperature, but it's really more like a whole appeal.   This air mass is in fact this cool because the hemispehre is tipping away. A month ago, this is 7 warmer ...so to speak.

• Like 1

I like how the 00z Euro finagles a way to prevent SNE from getting hot from those synoptics next week, but taking the something/anything method of approach.  lol -

It take Idalia's guts... reinvigorates and does a loop SE of the Cape and parks it there so that the warmest 850s' never really get east of the Hudson.

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

LOL, yup...

I think it is poetically fitting as a violent disapproval for summer... Pretty significant failure ( being silly here of course...), then underscored by +20C 850s being well mixed, after Met summer officially ends.  haha.

But more seriously though, there's some use to defining 'when the corner is turned' so to speak. And it's not so much the scaler value of the temperature, but it's really more like a whole appeal.   This air mass is in fact this cool because the hemispehre is tipping away. A month ago, this is 7 warmer ...so to speak.

We broke the back and some got angry 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

6 days. 

Whatever but we already knew it was coming weeks ago. Euro is pretty meh Just seeing all the smiles this morning. Our chickens are settling in and yes the Rooster was indeed for real crowing.  Cocadoodledewlessness soak it in. I see we all BN August, June August 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty clear to me it's been warm last 10 to 15 years.

image.png.2721a66d589d2604725866b33d349c70.png

A bit surprised that 1999 isn't on the list.  We're a long way from LGA, of course, but Sept '99 was 1.4° warmer here than our #2, 2015.

Skies cleared for the supermoon last evening, ending a multi-year streak of astronomical phenomena blocked by clouds here.