Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Still less than most everyone else. Truth is in the numbers 

:facepalm: my point is, that is more than plenty for the lawn and shrubs. Hell I had plants die from fungus. Why you’re obsessed with getting 20” of rain is beyond me. As someone who cares about their yard, it was definitely too much. You probably had ideal precip. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol. Just imagine it’s 1875 and you have no idea what’s happening around you.  You just know it was a wet month with 7” of rain and your corn is growing great. That rain gives you hope that you’ll have enough food to survive the winter.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Noah and Jebediah commenting on how good the corn crop is. 

Haha in all seriousness, it does show how people’s opinion on weather is shaped so strongly not by their backyard, but by how their backyard stacks up to areas around them.  If it was 20” this month but others got 35” the same statements would be happening.  The amount seems irrelevant, just how does it compares is the important part.

It’s like if Ray gets a 24” snowstorm but towns around him get 36-38”, the event f*cking sucked lol.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha in all seriousness, it does show how people’s opinion on weather is shaped so strongly not by their backyard, but by how their backyard stacks up to areas around them.  If it was 20” this month but others got 35” the same statements would be happening.  The amount seems irrelevant, just how does it compares is the important part.

It’s like if Ray gets a 24” snowstorm but towns around him get 36-38”, the event f*cking sucked lol.

If I got 24” and he got 17”, heads would roll. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

What a waste of decent ML lapse rates, you just don't see 7 or greater over CT very often in the summer. The few soundings I looked had a hint of an EML, which explains the LRs but it was completely wasted without any strong forcing and with mediocre dews, and shear wasn't great either... When oh when will Southern CT get another genuine severe day? Don't answer that, I'm well aware of expectations, the question was merely rhetorical.

14 minutes ago, ct_yankee said:

What a waste of decent ML lapse rates, you just don't see 7 or greater over CT very often in the summer. The few soundings I looked had a hint of an EML, which explains the LRs but it was completely wasted without any strong forcing and with mediocre dews, and shear wasn't great either... When oh when will Southern CT get another genuine severe day? Don't answer that, I'm well aware of expectations, the question was merely rhetorical.

It’s been a recurring theme this summer … quite often actually… Cloud ban sets up between 9 AM and 1 PM - just perfectly wrong really.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a whiner. You aren’t in a drought, your lawn isn’t “crispy”. You’ll be able to turn on the faucet and drink a glass of water in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

He’s battling Ray for the crown. 

• Haha 1

0.90" and counting on the day.  The rain has been relatively steady when falling with big efficient drops.  Did spend a few minutes under 35-45dbz here and there to boost the total.  Even had a strike 0.2mi away.

Beneficial rain.  Prior to today, only 0.73" since 7/18 - about 3 weeks.

But even then my lawn wasn't "crispy".

• Like 1