• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

Just looked at Key West -- lows the last three mornings 86, 87 and 87 with HX rarely below 100 and there are some water temps as high as mid-90s!  That is sick.  Better hope a tropical cyclone does not get a taste of those water temps.

Hoping for a rare thunderstorm the next couple of days but the LWX disco doesn't make me optimistic with the typical west today and east tomorrow.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Was out in Frostburg yesterday scoping some potential mesonet sites. Western Maryland is beautiful.

It really is. My wife and I drove through there to Deep Creek and the thought of buying a vacation home crossed our minds. That’s way off though, as we just bought last year. Maybe when the kids are grown.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Starting today about 4 or 5f warmer than the past few mornings (69f), I think we might hit 90 for the first time this July.

Interesting how west of 95 has been much warmer than east towards the bay.

Today will be the 10th day we hit 90+ out here, including 7 days in a row last week. Max 94. Might hit 95 today. 

Something to do with our local drought I think. 

47 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Today will be the 10th day we hit 90+ out here, including 7 days in a row last week. Max 94. Might hit 95 today. 

I think you may be right about the "local drought".

Here's the month so far at KNAK; about 7 miles east of me. 

image.png.337c8b9c3d31b170ce1b2d625614f8bf.png

12 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

megalopolis starting to flex the overnight lows:
73F at DCA
76F at NYC
79F at LGA
72F at BOS

The ease with which LGA records lows 78-80F these days is disturbing.

Is that any different than their lows in the recent past? I'd expect their lows to remain relatively warm given serious UHI and its proximity to water. 

4 hours ago, Terpeast said:

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

I 100% feel like I'm on vacation whenever we're out at our place in Deep Creek.  Such a pretty area and a nice break from the craziness that is 'city' life.  

Rocky Gap and Cumberland have won a special place in my heart. Would move out there in a skinny minute.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Rocky Gap and Cumberland have won a special place in my heart. Would move out there in a skinny minute.

In very early 2021, I found the Oakland CVS had vaccines available (only place in MD at that time) and fell in love with GC. The pace and quality of life is second to none and when I had the chance to move last year, I went from not having an idea I'd be here...to moved in, in less than a week. The area around Deep Creek is spectacularly expensive so have my eye on Alpine Lake WV across the state line which gives you a similar vibe but at a third of the cost. And of course, the night-and-day snowfall compared to my old stomping grounds in Germantown was the primary driver for the move (something that my spouse still rolls his eyes at) lol. IMBY I ended up with 43" last winter which, for here, is pathetic but as I am a frequent visitor to this Board and felt eeeeeeeveryone's pain, is a lightyear ahead of DC metro.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, katabatic said:

In very early 2021, I found the Oakland CVS had vaccines available (only place in MD at that time) and fell in love with GC. The pace and quality of life is second to none and when I had the chance to move last year, I went from not having an idea I'd be here...to moved in, in less than a week. The area around Deep Creek is spectacularly expensive so have my eye on Alpine Lake WV across the state line which gives you a similar vibe but at a third of the cost. And of course, the night-and-day snowfall compared to my old stomping grounds in Germantown was the primary driver for the move (something that my spouse still rolls his eyes at) lol. IMBY I ended up with 43" last winter which, for here, is pathetic but as I am a frequent visitor to this Board and felt eeeeeeeveryone's pain, is a lightyear ahead of DC metro.

Congrats on the move and getting out of the disgusting desert that you left behind

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic