Toothache
July Discobs 2023

George BM

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

I’m in the same boat. At best it might rain for 5 min

Really amazing how it just won’t develop and split along the same path

More and more does the corn dust circle around DC proper display itself

pouring  just  started in Kemp Mill 

Completely whiffed AGAIN with just enough to barely wet the ground.  It split right over me then formed a solid line 3 miles to my east like it does over and over.  I wish I took screenshots of radar because it's hard to believe.  My wife just got back from Gaithersburg which is outside the desert zone and said it was pouring there.

JESUS CHRIST this place sucks.  I can't wait to move out of this SH!THOLE in a couple more years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The inside the DC beltway areas have been hit pretty well this week.  It just isn’t happening today.

Anecdotal kinda useless.

Yet another heavy solid rain mass approached DC beltway and immediately decreased in intensity 

Hell from PA to Richmond the DC metro took the lightest hit.  Sometimes you just have to observe for a long period of time and multiple events and formulate an opinion rather than defaulting to  textbook “oh that can’t be so” 

5 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Anecdotal kinda useless.

Yet another heavy solid rain mass approached DC beltway and immediately decreased in intensity 

Hell from PA to Richmond the DC metro took the lightest hit.  Sometimes you just have to observe for a long period of time and multiple events and formulate an opinion rather than defaulting to  textbook “oh that can’t be so” 

How would DC beltway be that different from Bmore’s? We’ve done well up this way the past few weeks. 

10 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Anecdotal kinda useless.

Also could be called confirmation bias where you only remember the cases that fit your ideas.  The better dynamics were always north today.  Fredericksburg is missing out too, but isn’t in the DC beltway.

0.14” of pedestrian rainfall today pushing my total to 3.64” for July.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

How would DC beltway be that different from Bmore’s? We’ve done well up this way the past few weeks. 

We are the ethanol using capital of the USA.  Corn dust. 

So far today BWI has 1.2”. Let’s see what DCA reports. You can see the storms increasing in intensity again as they exit Dc and move north and east and it’s not the first time . I watch the weather all seasons and only a few here do that.  You asked a good question so thanks.

That’s vastly  different that the 1-2 here who feel compelled to chime in and “set me straight” . Some need to get off the company bus and learn to be open minded and look at things.

Again, thanks for the good question. My answer may not datisfy  you and certainly won’t a few others who overestimate their empowerment 

No shortage of rain IMBY!

1.11" so far, still raining.

Was severe warned about an hour ago.  No severe, a few nice strikes, lots of rain.  Breezy at times during the heavier showers.

Was going 10mph on the zero turn to beat the rain too.  Heaviest stuff they said we'd get isn't happening and that's fine with me.  Probably because I cleared out the downspouts haha!

Getting some beneficial moderate to heavy rain here with the main show. A few rumbles of thunder. Very little wind. No complaints, but not exciting. With all the talk of training and back building, this seems very progressive. Perhaps a different story up north. Just hit an inch. Probably not much more looking at radar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Getting some beneficial moderate to heavy rain here with the main show. A few rumbles of thunder. Very little wind. No complaints, but not exciting. With all the talk of training and back building, this seems very progressive. Perhaps a different story up north. Just hit an inch. Probably not much more looking at radar.

Sounds like winter 

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

We are the ethanol using capital of the USA.  Corn dust. 

So far today BWI has 1.2”. Let’s see what DCA reports. You can see the storms increasing in intensity again as they exit Dc and move north and east and it’s not the first time . I watch the weather all seasons and only a few here do that.  You asked a good question so thanks.

That’s vastly  different that the 1-2 here who feel compelled to chime in and “set me straight” . Some need to get off the company bus and learn to be open minded and look at things.

Again, thanks for the good question. My answer may not datisfy  you and certainly won’t a few others who overestimate their empowerment 

So IAD 0.7 then DCA. 0.14 then  BWI  1.35” 
Following this one time would not mean much but I see it 30 times per year starting about 15 years ago when ethanol became so prevalent 

Moderate  to the west, weakens right around DC beltway circle, restrengthens  when moving east and north .  It’s most prevalent in summer and winter and not fall or spring. A unified cold front in the summer is not so effected. 

Just make scrupulous observations from now thru end of February and get back to me.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic