Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looks good Alex.  Have you ever had a July frost before?  I'm sure you are safe tonight

Not in July, August 17th is the earliest we’ve had, but I’ve been told by my landscaper that it’s happened. I definitely don’t see any risk tonight, it’s still 53 degrees, but tomorrow night could be a close call with the P&C at 41, depending on how well it radiates 

6 minutes ago, alex said:

Not in July, August 17th is the earliest we’ve had, but I’ve been told by my landscaper that it’s happened. I definitely don’t see any risk tonight, it’s still 53 degrees, but tomorrow night could be a close call with the P&C at 41, depending on how well it radiates 

I would cry.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I would cry.

Eh. I’ve pretty much given up on any significant gardening. Things that are not very hardy really struggle here. Without that, the occasional frost doesn’t really matter much, even in the middle of summer. The daytime is warm and awesome even after a very cool morning, so it’s a very enjoyable weather pattern. Unless you are looking to swim lol

17 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Best part of today and the bulk of this week is it's taking away the time for those unwanted 93/71 days.  We can all agree on that

Some might argue incoherently otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Dan76 said:

Some might argue incoherently otherwise.

This past winter was an A locally.  40's almost every day, high 20's to 30's at night.  No one that lives in populated areas, and is not vacationing or outdoorsing wants snow and cold, especially bitter cold or snow piling up high.  We can all agree on that

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

This past winter was an A locally.  40's almost every day, high 20's to 30's at night.  No one that lives in populated areas, and is not vacationing or outdoorsing wants snow and cold, especially bitter cold or snow piling up high.  We can all agree on that

Absolutely beats 90/75 all day long.

1 hour ago, alex said:

Eh. I’ve pretty much given up on any significant gardening. Things that are not very hardy really struggle here. Without that, the occasional frost doesn’t really matter much, even in the middle of summer. The daytime is warm and awesome even after a very cool morning, so it’s a very enjoyable weather pattern. Unless you are looking to swim lol

I went hiking earlier this week in the morning. Worked up a sweat, but it was fine. Came down back to Winni. Great week with warmth and dews. Not sweat shirts and cool breezes with outies becoming innies from wind chills when exiting the water.  Like a crab going back to its shell. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Admittedly today was a nice change. But I’m good now. 

Yeah it’s nice to sprinkle a couple refreshing air masses in from time to time.  Also had a nice post work hike… lowest amount of sweat in a while.  Though I was getting used to the total soaker hikes with dews of 70F where it feels like sweat is coming out of every pore on the body. Sucked while doing it but felt oddly refreshing afterward, like the body just gave itself a reset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh Canada thank you for your crystal clear Cobalt sky. No smoke like some had predicted. Top tenner for sure. Cocadoodledewlessness 

Ginx, Canada is the gift that keeps giving.  A large arc of smoke is ready to descend.  Will tonights cold front push it south of us?  I put the yellow dot on us

smoke.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1