Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

14 hours ago, dendrite said:

All my tools are electric. Govt needs to get the frig out of our lives. Like someone mentioned stick dealing with homelessness,  crime, the economy and keeping the country safe. If people want to go electric that's there choice. Fuck mandates

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

All my tools are electric. Govt needs to get the frig out of our lives. Like someone mentioned stick dealing with homelessness,  crime, the economy and keeping the country safe. If people want to go electric that's there choice. Fuck mandates

Feel free to move this to Banter or just stifle it... but all I can think of is that the people of Marblehead, MA are the ones who propelled that mandate.  Like from what I read last night, it wasn't like the "government" just woke up one morning and was like, hey lets get rid of leaf blowers.  I can't comment on the homelessness or crime in Marblehead, but gas powered leaf blowers is probably their version of a "problem" there.  Noise is the single most NIMBY topic in most towns.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Agree on some things, but I'm always in favor of things getting cleaner. Did people get pissy in the 70s when they stopped leaded gasoline? All of these mill companies used to dump all of their waste products down rivers decades ago before it was regulated. We actually have to have laws and fines against littering because too many people would rather trash up the planet. I'm old enough to remember seeing cigarette butts lined along roadsides wherever you went in the 80s.

Sometimes people need a little kick in the butt to go in the right direction.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The next time you read about PHX being  super hot think of this picture 

20230721_063209.jpg

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I can't imagine it's not super hot there like 25 feet to the north of that.

To be fair that's fairly representative of their surrounding natural terrain. Honolulu airport looking like the middle of the Sahara is a different story.

• Like 1

68/64  Sun just breaking out.  Some pretty intense echoes west.  It will be interesting to see how much they weaken as they get to Central NH. Have had about .10" so far

....one more comment on electric.  Eversource here in NH and NH Electric Coop are lowering their rates substantially on August 1rst. 12.6 cents per kilowatt hour, down from the current 20.2 cents per kilowatt hour. 38% rate reduction

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Might not have enough spacing with the Bristol cell? 

Tough to say. Sometimes cells can interact and it can quickly induce rapid rotation. They have decent cores but nothing crazy noteworthy yet. Decent DCAPE and llvl lapse rates. 2-6km lapse rates though a bit on the weak side which may mitigate wind potential some and eep it more localized.  

• Like 1