Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

How would you like to upgrade to a 1994 Ford Ranger? Runs great! Sometimes...

20230721_123225.jpg

Been there, done that.  My dad passed on Pearl Harbor Day in 1993 and I inherited his 1992 Ranger with 6k miles.  (Neither of my brothers needed it so it became part of my 1/3.)   I burnt out a clutch, thanks in part to the tranny getting stuck in 4th as I was climbing a hill - trying to slip-clutch on a steep upgrade, not recommended.  Followed by a nice after-dark 3 mile walk to where my wife picked me up.  I drove that for 13 Maine winters and by then it was in tough shape, sold it for $200 and the check bounced, but maybe I got exactly what the rig had been worth.  ;)

Edit:  Unsurprisingly, the siggy RA stayed north - just a few sprinkles here.  Now the best action is to the south and also looks to miss.  In May, every event overperformed, in June the forecasts were usually spot on (same pattern all month) but if the recent outcomes here continue, I might have to (gasp!) water.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

You can for eastern MA LOL. As bad as it’s been here though, obviously a completely different story out near the Springfield area. Must look like a huge lake after the rain this summer 

Well almost always a better shot west of 128, and especially near 495 and beyond. the "early days" where stuff gets going at 1pm across ORH then crosses E MA mid-pm is your best bet.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

Well almost always a better shot west of 128, and especially near 495 and beyond. the "early days" where stuff gets going at 1pm across ORH then crosses E MA mid-pm is your best bet.

SE MA has had some good bangers. You just need to get some forcing...climo for that last decade has been west as the s/w's don't penetrate east anymore...AKA we don't get cold fronts anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

SE MA has had some good bangers. You just need to get some forcing...climo for that last decade has been west as the s/w's don't penetrate east anymore...AKA we don't get cold fronts anymore.

Yeah, I was just saying that timing-wise, generally the metro BOS area to TAN you want an early show for Central MA/CT then slide east during peak heating 495 through Boston.  Otherwise (unless yes, strong forcing /better lapse rates/shear etc....) and so on were the case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

What’s the best source for weather related road closures? I’ve heard rumors that parts of Route 2 are flooded out east of here but can’t confirm.  I need to travel that way later. 

Maybe this?

I’m listening to "Franklin County Police, Fire and EMS Dispatch" using the Scanner Radio app. You can listen to it by going to https://scannerradio.app/?l=NjczNDI

• Like 2