Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ha yeah, no big deal. We’ll just drive up route 1 and pick a place to park on the left somewhere.

Go early tailgate,park on left opposite the main sidewalk crossing. Park Southside of main crossing they stop traffic heading south on north side of main crossing.  Wen to see Chesney left during encore and had zero traffic 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I mean I hate the things but again Govt over reach. 

Yeah--by brother-in-law lives there.  I think that went into effect a year or so ago.  Don't worry--landscapers can continue to use them so just hire someone to do your leaves.  It doesn't make noise if it's a landscaper.  Go figure.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ha yeah, no big deal. We’ll just drive up route 1 and pick a place to park on the left somewhere.

I think i told you lot 10 on the left before the stadium from the south if you want to get out at a reasonable time.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Go early tailgate,park on left opposite the main sidewalk crossing. Park Southside of main crossing they stop traffic heading south on north side of main crossing.  Wen to see Chesney left during encore and had zero traffic 

Like GinX said, flip around on Rt 1 and park southbound side, south of stadium....Lafayette House or Seasonal Special Store are pretty good...a bit of a walk, about a mile, but not bad (relatively speaking compared to Stadium lot) when trying to get out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Speaking of SSTs…. What’s with the cold pool off ACK?

That’s always there… I’ve been trying to figure it out myself, but I’ve seen that or the last 10 years quite often. And frankly I wasn’t paying attention before that very closely. But ever since we’ve been having abnormally warm West Atlantic waters, I’ve been paying attention off New England; that cold pool’s always there seems like. What’s interesting is that there’s usually warm water north and east of there so it makes me think that it’s an upwelling zone? 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I mean I hate the things but again Govt over reach. 

Good, I despise these noisemakers. You automatically lose the right to complain about climate change if you or your landscapers use them. It’s called “disturbing the peace.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Good, I despise these noisemakers. You automatically lose the right to complain about climate change if you or your landscapers use them. It’s called “disturbing the peace.”

Lol ok. Do you have a gas mower? Snowblower, car, truck, motorcycle if yes then SU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Yeah--by brother-in-law lives there.  I think that went into effect a year or so ago.  Don't worry--landscapers can continue to use them so just hire someone to do your leaves.  It doesn't make noise if it's a landscaper.  Go figure.

That's not what the article says.

• Like 1

I have a 150 year old maple at the corner of my plat and every autumn I got 6-12” of maple leaves …

Ive never raked 

There are no leaves anywhere 

In fact, by the end of April the following spring I have no leaves.  

Now … I still use a gas mower, kwhich I feel something about every time I do. But my neighbor’s lawn is similar in size and she uses a battery powered one. Seems to work really well … even though recharging means we might merely be transferring the carbon footprint … 

Anyway, just mowing straight thru it a couple three times every spring and they’re gone.  Chopped to dust and degrading. 

Raking is overrated… Leaf cleanup is in fact overrated.  But if people have aesthetic hangups, and retentive issues going on with their lawn, I guess it’s some thing of a past time for them. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

18z gfs isn't too :stein:next week. There's actually a few shots at legit severe Thu/night? and Saturday.

Let’s at least get some tropical delusions forming on the long range gfs . I keep checking to see if there is any sort of favorable rising air environment progged to move thru the MDR or Atlantic coast coming up in next week or two . I follow MJ Ventrice for this particularly 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Let’s at least get some tropical delusions forming on the long range gfs . I keep checking to see if there is any sort of favorable rising air environment progged to move thru the MDR or Atlantic coast coming up in next week or two . I follow MJ Ventrice for this particularly 

I usually don't start looking seriously until August/"Ughust" 1st.  But yeah, love tracking TC.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

C’mon, call a spade a spade.  It’s about people hating the noise.  And it’s a ridiculous Pleasantville type town ordinance. 

Not using a gas powered leaf blower is the absolute last thing to be concerned about when thinking about climate change.  One coal-burning smokestack likely produces more “pollution” in a general sense in a few seconds than a summer of leaf blowers in Marblehead.

High of 82F here, dews into the 50s in the afternoon.  Perfect again, two days in a row!

64/61 currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

C’mon, call a spade a spade.  It’s about people hating the noise.  And it’s a ridiculous Pleasantville type town ordinance. 

Not using a gas powered leaf blower is the absolute last thing to be concerned about when thinking about climate change.  One coal-burning smokestack likely produces more “pollution” in a general sense in a few seconds than a summer of leaf blowers in Marblehead.

High of 82F here, dews into the 50s in the afternoon.  Perfect again, two days in a row!

64/61 currently.

Ban'em

https://kleinmanenergy.upenn.edu/news-insights/think-globally-on-climate-act-locally-on-leaf-blowers/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1