Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Check this out. A fisher cat in my friend’s yard in Essex Jct. These things are nocturnal. It actually came up on his front porch while he was at the screen door. Didn’t faze it at all. I wondered if it might be rabid. 

IMG_8991.jpeg

Wife and I came out to a dead and gutted large beaver laying behind our cars the other morning. Thing had been ripped open and eaten to the ribs. We thought a Fisher cat killed it along the river bank, ate and carried it before getting spooked. It looked like there was still some meat left, but many internal organs had been enjoyed.

Beaver was about the mass of a medium-sized dog. Whatever animal grabbed it and feasted had to be sure of its killing skills. Fishers are confident animals.

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

A fawn was just hit almost in front of our house a couple hours ago. 2 hours later we have it laying on our lawn. It's breathing and can move its legs and head, but it can't get up. Maybe just a bad concussion?

if it is still there this morning, please call NH F&G. they can get it to an animal hospital or rehabber

29 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah the NAM is hideous. 

It's been consistently that way.  It seems to be eager to quasi close off the surface pressure pattern ... like an echo of a coastal low - albeit weak.  One run of this model even had that with fair skies - seems to suggest how it handles hydrostatics more so than from processing. 

• Like 1