Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’m disappointed in your indoor temp and dew though. I’m still uninstalled here and embracing the dew. Let it right on in.

image.png

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’m not hot at all. Every night has been fine with the fans…low 70s at the worst. That bedroom temp is a little inflated in the afternoon because it’s on the west side.  But I tolerate the warmth and dews just fine. Trust me it’ll go in when we feel like we need it.

I don’t know how you do it. I can’t sleep in temps above like 65. especially with the dews we have had this year.

was out to dinner with the gf in MHt earlier. it was pouring out as we were eating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes spot on 3-5 too low based on all surrounding sites as usual. It’s temp too high as Will has stated and dews too Lee as we’ve proved. What a laugher . As you know elevations typically run with higher dews 

Wait what?  You mean relative humidity?

As surface pressure increases (lower elevation) the dew point should go up.

How does higher elevations see higher dews?  

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Serious question. Why would the arid tarmac at BDL as river level be higher than ORH which has at least a little vegetation?

BDL had a lower relative humidity all afternoon than ORH. It was more arid despite higher dews.

Since temps decrease faster than the dew with height, they become closer together and the RH increases with height.

You are confusing RH with dew points.

BDL at 90/72 is 56% RH (more arid).

ORH at 82/68 is 62% (not as arid).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The bases of these late day towering cu look lenticular ... as though they may be tending to rotate. The tops are leaning E and with a SSE flow at the surface, there's a ton of 0-6km directional shear already in place.    

I think tomorrow could be interesting for EFO/EF1 type low LCL tor risk, associated with higher DP cyclonic curved height/climo.  I've been off all day I don't know what folks have covered - I'm just getting caught up with the synoptic stuff. 

By the way... Wiz'  ... you should have been to the half day conference at Meditech in Canton today.  DC and Fields from NWS covered the synoptic categories for our tor risk climo in New England ( since you're apparently never going to move to Oklahoma ...).  The also covered the Nov 13 recent event with the EFO/EF1 swarm from SE CT to SE MA, while it was snowing in North Adams no less... pretty interesting. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The bases of these late day towering cu look lenticular ... as though they may be tending to rotate. The tops are leaning E and with a SSE flow at the surface, there's a ton of 0-6km directional shear already in place.    

I think tomorrow could be interesting for EFO/EF1 type low LCL tor risk, associated with higher DP cyclonic curved height/climo.  I've been off all day I don't know what folks have covered - I'm just getting caught up with the synoptic stuff. 

By the way... Wiz'  ... you should have been to the half day conference at Meditech in Canton today.  DC and Fields from NWS covered the synoptic categories for our tor risk climo in New England ( since you're apparently never going to move to Oklahoma ...).  The also covered the Nov 13 recent event with the EFO/EF1 swarm from SE CT to SE MA, while it was snowing in North Adams no less... pretty interesting. 

I didn’t even know about it :( 

Still think the flooding risk is the story tomorrow, but it's definitely interesting to see a high shear/modest helicity/low LCL day potentially compensate for lower instability and maybe lapse rates. Expecting an active day tomorrow in the flood category with maybe a little more spice aded via the tor potential. Can guarantee my hood gets the least rain within 50 miles in any direction though. :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Back that ass up. Trending back west a bit. Probably in the middle. 

I’d like to see it keep trending SE. That would accomplish 2 things. It would give flooded areas a bit of a break and might just relieve the devastating ongoing drought in Taunton. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5