Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

80/72 at 8:40 am is implicating the day as less than ideally soothing tho

sat loops has some minoring cloud bands that will (likely ) even thin some with typical morning sounding modulation ... so I'm wondering if HI's go above guidance some.  

Meanwhile, Italy .. with an average latitude of 41 N ( N of NYC ...), is expecting highs of 110 to 113 in a deadly heat wave.  After now 15 years of this shunting shit I begin to suspect that eastern N/A above ~ 40 N is too intrinsically protected by geologic circumstance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meanwhile, Italy .. with an average latitude of 41 N ( N of NYC ...), is expecting highs of 110 to 113 in a deadly heat wave.  After now 15 years of this shunting shit I begin to suspect that eastern N/A above ~ 40 N is too intrinsically protected by geologic circumstance.

Shunt away.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sweet. Just in time for my trip. Leaving this evening from Logan.  :arrowhead:

The beaches at amalfi coast will be a real win with SST's right around 80. But Rome, and Florence ooof. Torch. Lake Como should be great with the microclimate of the 70F lake. I'm taking it that the destinations near water will be wins, while everything else a big loss. 

The 100+ readings are that much more remarkable given it's a peninsula with non-tropical SST's. 

I guess it will be cool(ish) to experience the all-time records...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The beaches at amalfi coast will be a real win with SST's right around 80. But Rome, and Florence ooof. Torch. Lake Como should be great with the microclimate of the 70F lake. I'm taking it that the destinations near water will be wins, while everything else a big loss. 

The 100+ readings are that much more remarkable given it's a peninsula with non-tropical SST's. 

Heading back to the Vatican?

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Might get a break for a couple days next week, but overall I don't see any change really. No oppressive heat, just lots of 80s and higher dews overall. Maybe a few 90F reading thrown in.

seeing signs of a ridge bridge toward august

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

By months end, disagree. We cool to near above normal but we lower dews most importantly. Lower dews lower PWATs, less rain, less flooding. More of C.O.C. weather which you love.

I don't see that at all. A couple days next week maybe.

33 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I was in Italy in late June 2019 when there was a heat wave of similar magnitude (upper 90's-low 100's-not seeing the 110+ that Tip referenced in any forecasts). The Lake Como area was nice during the heat, though it is not particularly high elevation so you don't get the alpine cooling effects you might expect given the scenery...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Any indication that the tropics will be heating up in mid range 

Not really. We’re probably looking at very late July into early August for the next meaningful window, aside from what’s happening now with that invest in the middle of the Atlantic. 

• Thanks 1