Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

12 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

How about that 18z gfs EC hurricane strike? :damage:

The GFS has had a storm forming in the Western Caribbean in the time frame of the 18th in every run since Tues.  Varies in where it goes but consistently forms the storm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We told you they’d be there soon. We knew 

Still safe here. Maybe next year? My area is always wet and damp though on the north side of my hill so maybe the fungus that controls them is more prevalent here. I saw a few big ones last year that were shriveled up on the ground, but never saw any oak damage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Still safe here. Maybe next year? My area is always wet and damp though on the north side of my hill so maybe the fungus that controls them is more prevalent here. I saw a few big ones last year that were shriveled up on the ground, but never saw any oak damage. 

It always is where the drought/ dry areas were the year or two prior. As I recall wasn’t it super dry from like Manchester/Concord down to NE Mass the last 2 springs/summers? That’s where they like to hit the following year 

12 hours ago, dendrite said:

The spongys (gypsies) don't make tents like the eastern tent caterpillars. They're hitting 93 just south of me pretty hard this year. The oaks are starting to put out new leaves now.

Ohhhh, I always thought those web tents were gypsy moths. Well then, I guess it is them. They have annihilated an entire section of Crawford Notch. There are trees trying to put out new leaves. But there is also a large stretch of large trees that have no leaves at all are showing no signs of life. It's sad.

Yeah... this week won't be like last week.  

Whether we want to hold back in our choices for description, the straight up synoptic parameters and the overall evolution/cinema of it, don't provide the same result.  In other words, different pattern.  

That thing last week is over.  We'll see where this goes... 

I think approaching the 20th ...more substantive heat is on the table. It'll take some correcting and/or emerging into future guidance.  Fwiw - the D9 Euro went hot over the vastness of the contiguous interior.  

55 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It seems like backdooring could be an issue this summer for the NE. 

Pretty sizable area of BN SSTs off the northeast, SE Canada & Atlantic costs. 

I think there would still need to be a synoptic driver.  SST alone won’t do it outside of shore roads in high summer.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s 3 humid days there and a day of 60 end of week. No more Coc k for you 

What 3 days lol. Looks like most “humid” time is tomorrow night into Tuesday. And it’s not even that humid with low 60 dews. Summer of flaccid continues.