Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Feels like full summer to me today.  Pool 78 with the mostly sunny skies already taking a dip after I’m done with yard work. 

Yeah I don’t follow or understand there’s no summer.. cold , rainy posts. 75-80 under June sun today had me in full back sweat . I’d prefer it was humid but summer warmth is here for good with normal to slightly AN moving forward 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah just saw you were at a party. I mean it’s decent this afternoon, but not my idea of summer weather. More like extended spring. 

Summer is more of a vibe than a number it seems.

Hottest out there is like 75F at HFD.  BDL max looks like 73F.

573055D6-4535-457D-AF9F-F9616A2BDF48.gif.392428b250473ab7f363c5cb57dbcf16.gif

10 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A drive to the summit of Wachusett.   The Quabbin (short walk to old Dana common).  Hardwick Winery.    Doane’s Falls in Royalston. Plain View Farm Alpacas if you like that kind of stuff here in Hubbardston.  What type of things do you like to do?  

Good time thank you!

20230610_174538.jpg

20230610_163839.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

74 with full sun and wind is fine. Though I’d def prefer 80 and some humidity as the pool dip was uncomfortably cool. 

Oh it’s 100% fine. It’s chamber of commerce weather.  But not sure it’s full summer either.

75F in the sun is my ideal weather for all outdoor activities, except swimming.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Yeah just saw you were at a party. I mean it’s decent this afternoon, but not my idea of summer weather. More like extended spring. 

Got absolutely roasted today in the warm sun .  That June sun is no joke. First time I’ve seen some brown lawns start showing up the last few days . Hoping a few storms can hit here next week. Been very dry 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did you have their BBQ?   That can be hit or miss.  When it is good it is very good

Didn't sample the food but It smelled good however. I really liked the place . Plenty of room to roam around. Doesn't seem like water is an issue out that way the falls were flowing well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Got absolutely roasted today in the warm sun .  That June sun is no joke. First time I’ve seen some brown lawns start showing up the last few days . Hoping a few storms can hit here next week. Been very dry 

Yeah my back is like a lobster after weeding and mulching around fruit trees today. I used to love the solstice in S FL this time of year with almost no shadow at solar noon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did you have their BBQ?   That can be hit or miss.  When it is good it is very good

What's up with the oak trees? I think this was almost in to hubbardston. Looks like something's been eating them. Of course a tree guy would notice.

20230610_145338.jpg

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

What's up with the oak trees? I think this was almost in to hubbardston. Looks like something's been eating them. Of course a tree guy would notice.

20230610_145338.jpg

Something is eating them. Up here, something has annihilated trees in Crawford Notch. There are some huge trees that are completely bare, and then other trees that look like what you took a picture of. My first thought was gypsy moth caterpillars but I've seen no tents at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

Something is eating them. Up here, something has annihilated trees in Crawford Notch. There are some huge trees that are completely bare, and then other trees that look like what you took a picture of. My first thought was gypsy moth caterpillars but I've seen no tents at all.

The spongys (gypsies) don't make tents like the eastern tent caterpillars. They're hitting 93 just south of me pretty hard this year. The oaks are starting to put out new leaves now.

• Like 1