joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Holy shitness Bat Man!

CNN's headline page banners, "Apparent Insurrection Underway In Russia"

uhh... Yeah, I guess it's a specter that's been looming.  This Wagner chief, ...railing on as a recent antagonist against his own government was a sort of wake up call. 

Why CNN also reports that U.S. officials were caught of guard might just be CNN invent-a-click news reporting but we'll see... 

And we'll see if any of the above is true.  But wow - historic if so...

Agreed. We will see what happens in the next 24-48 hrs. Will see if Wagner makes it to Moscow without opposition, this may be a great distraction for Ukraine to have its military "regroup".

meanwhile ASH 75/74

4 minutes ago, 512high said:

Agreed. We will see what happens in the next 24-48 hrs. Will see if Wagner makes it to Moscow without opposition, this may be a great distraction for Ukraine to have its military "regroup".

meanwhile ASH 75/74

mmm, perhaps a little 'too great'  

I suspect ASH's DP is too high.  Just as FIT's seems too low. 

More so in the latter suspicion, I've noticed FIT is always last.   Today's no different - I realize other Mets disagree, but KEEN, KASH ... everywhere around just finished a morning of saturating air, light rain, and are reporting a sultry 70 DP  ... FIT is stuck at 66.  I mean they are surrounding by readings that make more sense synoptically.  Interesting...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Holy shitness Bat Man!

uhh... Yeah, I guess it's a specter that's been looming.  This Wagner chief, ...railing on as a recent antagonist against his own government was a sort of wake up call. 

Why CNN also reports that U.S. officials were caught of guard might just be CNN invent-a-click news reporting but we'll see... 

This is the third putsch in russia in my lifetime.  The record of success is ‘mixed’ 

If this one works out, I wonder if Putin heads to exile as a guest of Ji Jinping.  Maybe not. Ji would not want the hassle.  He will be hard at work trying to secure relations with whoever the new boss is.  

As a sidenote, Belarus just became a nuclear power.  This matters since I bet the brush fire spreads there and who knows what that asshole will do, especially if Putin exiles there.  

Lots off things to contemplate, including Putin holding on.  He will be vicious in his reprisal campaign.  If people take to the streets its ova for Putin.  I doubt a Tiananmen replay at red square.  

6 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

This is the third putsch in russia in my lifetime.  The record of success is ‘mixed’ 

If this one works out, I wonder if Putin heads to exile as a guest of Ji Jinping.  Maybe not. Ji would not want the hassle.  He will be hard at work trying to secure relations with whoever the new boss is.  

As a sidenote, Belarus just became a nuclear power.  This matters since I bet the brush fire spreads there and who knows what that asshole will do, especially if Putin exiles there.  

Lots off things to contemplate, including Putin holding on.  He will be vicious in his reprisal campaign.  If people take to the streets its ova for Putin.  I doubt a Tiananmen replay at red square.  

Nevermind the coup is over. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, weathafella said:

For now.

You wonder what's going on in the think tanks/Pentagon -

I was entertaining the notion that Yevgeny might be sort of secretly a Ukrain sympathizer or even switched sides.  But my buddy brings up the obviously over-arcing oligarchy role in probably not agreeing with Putin's tact at this point - that's sort of been there all along... forgot about that. 

But suppose for a second the oligarchy got to the Wagner chief ... this could still be a preamble?  testing Moscow's flinch response.

That doesn't work either.  The problem I'm having with any of this is that the element of surprise has been removed from any future attempt.  So I'm curious what the motivation was for "staging" a move on Moscow in the first place - and what changed to draw the Wagner forces to now stand down. 

What a f'n morass

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You wonder what's going on in the think tanks/Pentagon -

I was entertaining the notion that Yevgeny might be sort of secretly a Ukrain sympathizer or even switched sides.  But my buddy brings up the obviously over-arcing oligarchy role in probably not agreeing with Putin's tact at this point - that's sort of been there all along... forgot about that. 

But suppose for a second the oligarchy got to the Wagner chief ... this could still be a preamble?  testing Moscow's flinch response.

That doesn't work either.  The problem I'm having with any of this is that the element of surprise has been removed from any future attempt.  So I'm curious what the motivation was for "staging" a move on Moscow in the first place - and what changed to draw the Wagner forces to now stand down. 

What a f'n morass

Maybe no other army leaders went along (who said they would) with the rebellion and Wagner group was alone.  For self preservation, Prighozen backed down.  Happens in these putsch situations.  People talk tough then get cold feet.  Perhaps Prighozen will turn in the reluctant generals to Putin?  

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Holy shitness Bat Man!

Tip's 24 hours behind the times.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

0.23” so far. Kinda meh, but maybe we can add a little more. 

69.5° -RA

We’ve been meh too.  Fronto band has been like 5-10 miles NW and on western slopes.  Some spots over 2” just west of Mansfield.  Jay Peak to BTV suburbs drenched.

91603E2E-1009-416D-8F95-E5669A6F6AFC.jpeg.8ebc41903edaf002276b903cf5f9bef7.jpeg

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We’ve been meh too.  Fronto band has been like 5-10 miles NW and on western slopes.  Some spots over 2” just west of Mansfield.  Jay Peak to BTV suburbs drenched.

91603E2E-1009-416D-8F95-E5669A6F6AFC.jpeg.8ebc41903edaf002276b903cf5f9bef7.jpeg

Up to .42 here. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

:lol: I kinda figured it was still there 

From the original image it looked like it was colder than average (should have zoomed in)

:P 

I think what I posted was a straight up SST map. Not sure about the anomalies but with so much of the basin a furnace I can see how the difference is not too much along the southern edge of the GS.

• Like 1