Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol.. it’s just funny how 68 degree dews is now cool and comfy and folks pulling on an extra blanket . They’ll never ever admit it 

His temp was 65 how could his DP be 68? 65 DP and below is very manageable with a fan. What a crap start to the day. Useless weather. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol.. it’s just funny how 68 degree dews is now cool and comfy and folks pulling on an extra blanket . They’ll never ever admit it 

Not one of those posts mentioned cool or adding a blanket.  What a salesman :lol:.

I picture your mind like the opposite of one of those AI text generators.  Put in a few words and something completely different comes out.

”We we’re ok last night without A/C. Window fan. Tolerable if not comfy.”

Comes out as:

”Barely survived the chill. Had to light a fire. Thought about skinning the dog and cat for extra warmth.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not one of those posts mentioned cool or adding a blanket.  What a salesman :lol:.

I picture your mind like the opposite of one of those AI text generators.  Put in a few words and something completely different comes out.

”We we’re ok last night without A/C. Window fan. Tolerable if not comfy.”

Comes out as:

”Barely survived the chill. Had to light a fire. Thought about skinning the dog and cat for extra warmth.”

I just interpret what they’re really saying. 

• Haha 2

80/71 already ...  should be good for 85 or 86.  This seems to match current MET/MAV machine guidance at HFD, matching 850 mb/skew-t diagram for ~16C at 850mb, but the 2-meter would actually push 92.  Depends on the usuals ... For now the sun continues unabated (above the S. coastal region) so we'll see. 

Seems we've lost the Bahama Blue flow for the time being.  Hi res vis loop shows that while it persists up to about LI, along and N of that west-east axis there's an established NNW motion.  WPC analyzed no boundary, however.  This circumstance may break down toward mid day? start actually moving slowly the other way. Or perhaps going toward stationary with pulse thunderstorms.   SPC has us in general  Anyway, said N motion isn't lowering DPs really.  It is a bit drier mid VT/NH but there's little/no low level advection.

As the Lakes trough tries to briefly amplify along 80 W give or take later Monday, the deep layer circulation medium again goes S-N into Wednesday. That may set up more BB.  

Looks like the 4th is intact to a reasonable tolerance  - for now.  There seems to be a seasonal loss in impulse coverage in the guidance going on after about Thursday this week... carrying us through the holiday.  What's interesting is that the 570 hydrostat meanders N and S of us at irregular intervals ...which that is a very warm thickness to assume the EPS blended 2-anomaly will be colder than normal.  I've noticed that the ensemble 2-meter anomalies from all three main model systems is consummately too cold though.  They got the recent cooler June right in principle (for ex) but they were too extreme.  Most places will probably be -1 to -3, as opposed to the -4 to -6... so it's a tedious complain, granted.  Right now they are modestly negative week 1, but go modestly positive week 2.

Bottom line... looks like a seasonal 4th of July stretch, Saturday thru next Tuesday.    NOT like it was 2021 

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just interpret what they’re really saying. 

I just think there are a good amount of folks who can wear jeans, carharts, pants all summer at 80-85F or even higher… which means there must also be folks who can sleep at 65F with a fan.

My wife would never use A/C and she actually adds blankets when it’s on.  She also spends her days largely indoors at work and complains about being cold all the time even in July due to industrial HVAC A/C cranking at her work :lol:.  I’m outside a large part of my waking hours so I enjoy the chill from time to time when coming inside.

We A/C last night.

• Like 1