Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That is dedication . I often half jokingly  ask the ladies I train Wednesday am @6am why the hell they workout at this awful hour . I’m very motivating on my one early am shift...

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ah.  my respect for you goes back up a notch -

I have limited toleration for anyone that personally elects for a work out that early.

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was up at 4:20AM (lol) to ride in place for 8 miles...  steamy for sure

AC ftw

With work and family, it just is better to get it out of the way. I don't have any time late aftn or evening. But despite being early, it's done for the day. 

• Like 2

wow... what a gunked in atmosphere this slab of low level sludge is this morning.

hi res vis loops shows weird boundaries separate different qualities of rhea, but limited real clearing behind any of them.  It's sloshing shit around.

The sun should start to work pretty aggressively to force a partly cloud hand here over the next two hours as there's no over shadowing mid or upper deck to stop the lasing. You can kind of see that tendency starting.  

My low was 64 - warmest so far this year for DPs too.  I think tomorrow may end up with better CAPE, if one is using modeled values as the input.  With such weak advection terms under this attenuating frontal mess, I bet the DPs end up modestly richer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

With work and family, it just is better to get it out of the way. I don't have any time late aftn or evening. But despite being early, it's done for the day. 

Same   I need to hit the road for work at 6:30ish, so it is the only time I can really get it in       I hate that time though... 5:30 would be so much more palatable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Same   I need to hit the road for work at 6:30ish, so it is the only time I can really get it in       I hate that time though... 5:30 would be so much more palatable

It sucks in winter especially. I know many like the evening light, but I do enjoy the sun out at 5a.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Much needed soaking with widespread 0.75-1.25” up the east slope of the Greens. Even some spot 1.50”.

That SSE low level jet and some higher surface moisture/dews seems to have solidly over-perform models so far.  Very efficient sheet rains right now even as it lightens up.

Had 0.90” before heading to work.

Definitely.  Nice gentle rain so it hasn't just run off.  Up to .74".  Would be great if it is all done by 5:00 so golf league isn't impacted this evening.

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What about the Dilfs you train at midnight?

You should have seen the response I got when I posted on Craigslist for Personal training sessions to try and get a few more private training hours on top of the studio I work at . Frightening but humorous 

One ..gentlemen asked if i minded coming to his home “gym” where he would turn the heat up really high and instead of weights wanted to do “stretching using our bodies” and instead of 60 mins requested 90 mins 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Surrounding stations are -2°+ here for June so far.

-2.5° here.  Yesterday was June's only dry day.  Different vibe than last month, which had 9 days with measurable precip and 6.35".  June's 11 days with measurable (thru yesterday) has totaled 2.82".  June 1-2 had highs 89/83, followed by 8 days with max averaging 56, and warmest since 6/2 is a modest 73.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You should have seen the response I got when I posted on Craigslist for Personal training sessions to try and get a few more private training hours on top of the studio I work at . Frightening but humorous 

duh - that sort of ad placement is "clearly" code for some kind of Grindr hook up - what'dya 'spect.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

duh - that sort of ad placement is "clearly" code for some kind of Grindr hook up - what'dya 'spect.  lol

For the cost ..it was worth a try .It was a professional ad ..with the idea of weeding out the “non serious “ .I’ve been doing this for 22 years ..I’m used to all sorts of interesting responses . 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For the cost ..it was worth a try .It was a professional ad ..with the idea of weeding out the “non serious “ .I’ve been doing this for 22 years ..I’m used to all sorts of interesting responses . 

Has Kevin replied?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

One ..gentlemen asked if i minded coming to his home “gym” where he would turn the heat up really high and instead of weights wanted to do “stretching using our bodies” and instead of 60 mins requested 90 mins 

Now that’s a Dilf you be seein ‘ in your sleep 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, tamarack said:

-2.5° here.  Yesterday was June's only dry day.  Different vibe than last month, which had 9 days with measurable precip and 6.35".  June's 11 days with measurable (thru yesterday) has totaled 2.82".  June 1-2 had highs 89/83, followed by 8 days with max averaging 56, and warmest since 6/2 is a modest 73.

2.50" so far this month and another .04" today so far in two separate showers.

35 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Posting alias @mixedfeelingsinweymouth

• Haha 5

Headed to the west coast for a cruise to Alaska later this week. It’s difficult to imagine even cooler summer weather than what we’ve been experiencing. 
Doing Holland America Inner Passage cruise out of Vancouver in two weeks. Can't wait. Which cruise are you doing? Post some pictures.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 2