Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

9 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Doing Holland America Inner Passage cruise out of Vancouver in two weeks. Can't wait. Which cruise are you doing? Post some pictures.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Holland is top notch I’ve heard. We’re going via Princess cruises out of Seattle 

Who would ever want to work out late in the day or at night ? After working all day you still face the task of going running or going to gym or whatever you do. That’s why so many people don’t work out. They won’t go to bed at a decent hour , stay up late and use that as their excuse for being out of shape etc. You get up early AM.. like 4-5 AM and you get right after it . Workout is over and done for the day . 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Who would ever want to work out late in the day or at night ? After working all day you still face the task of going running or going to gym or whatever you do. That’s why so many people don’t work out. They won’t go to bed at a decent hour , stay up late and use that as their excuse for being out of shape etc. You get up early AM.. like 4-5 AM and you get right after it . Workout is over and done for the day . 

For once I violently agree.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some people use it to work off after work stress, as a way to wind down the day.     I prefer morning but used to do evening for a bit

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I do that with respect to cardio, but I lift after work. How I deal with having to lift after work is not go home. My GYM is equidistant to work and home and its on the way...so after work, I'll grab a bite, lift for 2-3 hours, then traffic is lighter by the time I hit the road again.

I also only lift 3 days weekly, but they are intense sessions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gyms are busiest from late afternoon into the evening..

Once again your statement falls into the category of 

Walt Disney World Wait Times for Last Week of January 2022 - MickeyBlog.com

some advice for you..

Catching Words of Wisdom

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do that with respect to cardio, but I lift after work. How I deal with having to lift after work is not go home. My GYM is equidistant to work and home and its on the way...so after work, I'll grab a bite, lift for 2-3 hours, then traffic is lighter by the time I hit the road again.

I also only lift 3 days weekly, but they are intense sessions.

Most folks who workout in the early am use weenie weights or like you say do cardio . It’s more effective for fat loss to do cardio before carbs hit your blood stream and jack up your insulin levels 

The guy wearing 3 sweat bands doing squats with a 10 lb kettle bell on a bosu ball who doesn’t want to “get too big”

gyms are packed in the late afternoon and evenings 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Most folks who workout in the early am use weenie weights 

The guy wearing 3 sweat bands doing squats with a 10 lb kettle bell on a bosu ball who doesn’t want to “get too big”

I do weights with circuit training, but I'm 44. I don't care about looking like a brick shit house anymore. Just want to be in good shape. I'm also mindful of not blowing out my knees and back.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I do weights with circuit training, but I'm 44. I don't care about looking like a brick shit house anymore. Just want to be in good shape. I'm also mindful of not blowing out my knees and back.

Its a catch22...if are using good form, lifting actually protects against blowing out back and knees. Its great for bone density and tendon strength.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Gyms are busiest from late afternoon into the evening..

Once again your statement falls into the category of 

Walt Disney World Wait Times for Last Week of January 2022 - MickeyBlog.com

some advice for you..

Catching Words of Wisdom

Because you’ve done an extensive study nationally on gyms you know this? my guess is you have never gone to one ever. Guessing for a friend 

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Most folks who workout in the early am use weenie weights or like you say do cardio . It’s more effective for fat loss to do cardio before carbs hit your blood stream and jack up your insulin levels 

..not in Tolland!!..everyone is in bed by 6 PM..

Empty Gym Images - Free Download on Freepik

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Because you’ve done an extensive study nationally on gyms.. my guess is you have never gone to one ever. Guessing for a friend 

I go to a gym daily...all you need to do is drive by gyms in the afternoon and evening lol...take a look at the number of  cars in the parking lot(s)..

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its a catch22...if are using good form, lifting actually protects against blowing out back and knees. Its great for bone density and tendon strength.

It is, but as you get older shit happens. I'd rather not risk it. I'm paying for the tons of labor I did years ago. I'm always mindful of form etc. 

• Like 2