Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

I don't like this setup, but I probably prefer staying at home in Simsbury because of the backed winds towards the middle of CT. The lack of moisture is going to be a wrench. I see a few strong storms. More than that? We'll see. But isolated. 

I have low standards generally when it comes to severe around here. If I can get a few good lightning captures, I’d call that a win. The backed winds piece is interesting to me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Love how the GFS cancels June.

It’s been doing that. It’s where it won’t allow heights to rise in the east regardless of R-wave signaling/argument transmitted.

ends up with this folded over thing. 

• Like 1

I dunno-June seems to be progressing as it should now.   High summer is typically not until the last days of the month and beyond.

Back to exercise-I flip most of your scripts.  Strength exercises AM, walking PM often late evenings.   On days I work outside of home everything is skewed towards evening.   When I worked full time and was running-AM worked much better.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I dunno-June seems to be progressing as it should now.   High summer is typically not until the last days of the month and beyond.

Back to exercise-I flip most of your scripts.  Strength exercises AM, walking PM often late evenings.   On days I work outside of home everything is skewed towards evening.   When I worked full time and was running-AM worked much better.

there's definitely odd nuances in the circulation handling with the GFS' mid level main synoptics scaffolding though.

I am noticing that this permanent trough/closer routine it's doing ( regardless of whether there are + or - heights entering the west, nuance #1), it ends up creating a lot of murk weather from the 576 sigma level.  

We've had 90 F at that height. Yet the GFS using it to score 65F and easterlies like it's a goal to do that. lol    Sometimes I bemuse that this weak flow pattern is exposing something the modelers are doing that is less than purely organic in their processing. haha