12bet1 net
Observations Christmas Day Storm and Beyond

phil882

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those east of here, this is prob what's giving you rain

925mb_sf.gif?1293322856503

Struggling to move east past Charlotte, but once that low cranks up.. It wont have any trouble moving

I have wondered why it hasnt moved east of the Triad/Salisbury/Foothills very much all day. Hopefully, the freezing line will move quicker east soon.

Canton, i spent the day in Acworth. They had around 2 when I left. I guess Emerson was a little colder since we have more. These hills around me always seem to give me a litte extra compared to the family just ESE of me. Glad to here about your snow as well. I didnt think our side of the state would do that good. It looks like Ill have over .5" in the rain bucket so this system overperformed for NWGA.

Just went outside to "Try" and get a proper measurement, but seems pretty impossible to me. I keep coming up with 4" - 4.5" in everywhere i checked, I was measuring 3" 3 hours ago.. so im guessing alot compacted. It definitely seems like alot more snow than what is measured.

I'll have to wait for an official measurement here in the county.

Looks like Ga and NC will wear out ol SC this go round, or should i say again. Atlanta's yearly snowfall has whipped mine over the last 5 years!

No more sulking for me.

Ya'll have fun in your snow and take some good pictures...be careful and be thankful you didn't get the screw....my 11yr old is devastated!!!!!!!!:devilsmiley:

Just got an update it was all snow in center city CLT with it starting to stick. Probably 80% at my house keeps gradually getting better thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

good to hear. the latest RUC pulls the storm out of the I-77 corridor in 15 hours (10 am tomorrow morning). And it's been trending longer.

Snow is getting very heavy again around here. Trees are weighed down pretty good now.

It's amazing how Hickory always magically manages to get thousands of inches of snow while surrounding areas get little. Amazing really.

Here, it's mostly rain, although a few snow flakes are trying to mix in. Love wasting all this precious precip to rain with 850s at -5 or below.

Looks like Ga and NC will wear out ol SC this go round, or should i say again. Atlanta's yearly snowfall has whipped mine over the last 5 years!

No more sulking for me.

Ya'll have fun in your snow and take some good pictures...be careful and be thankful you didn't get the screw....my 11yr old is devastated!!!!!!!!:devilsmiley:

Hopefully you'll get something out of this. From the looks of it, too bad we're not getting more of a really strong pivot NW and you'd be under some of the heaviest stuff, but looks like it's kicking off to the east just a little too quickly........was hoping the deformation band would set up closer to NE Ga and the upstate of SC, but doesn't look like that will happen unless it comes to a screeching halt in the next hour or two.

Archived