Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Observations Christmas Day Storm and Beyond

phil882

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 3/4 of an inch here in Shelby. Radar faded for about 20 minutes, but counting on those heavier returns to my south to make it in here -- haven't really had anything other than light snow all day. Temperature 31.1.

Need to get to an OFFICIAL White Christmas!!!

I'm really kinda shocked you guys have had such trouble with boundary layer temps. reminds me of the march storm where foothillsnc had like 10 inches. we had sleet for 4 hours while he got dumped on. i think our area stays in snow through 4 am. the winds are switching more southeasterly right now, so perhaps we can see a nice band setup over the foothills.

I just got back home and man was that drive fun. That was some of the heaviest snow ive ever driven in. We had a good round of sleet in the morning. It went to all snow around 1030. We had around half an inch all day it seemed. Then all of the sudden it started piling up pretty good. I just went out and measured between 3 and 3.5 inches around the yard. ive been without internet and radar all day so this was a shocker to me. Merry Christmas everyone.

catawba near lake hickory. talked to my uncle and he has measured 7 inches a little south of me. that's probably about what we have now. right around 7. it has slacked up a bit in the last 30 minutes.

Hey neighbor! I live about two or three miles north of lake hickory. Just went out and measured again; almost up to six inches.

Nothing but rain. Wunderground nearby stations have not dropped in temperature much over the past hour or two. With the precip shield dying to our south and the coastal showing up weaker on every run of the RUC, I think this storm is about to become a big ole' bust. Maybe an inch overnight here in Chapel Hill and perhaps up to 2" in Wake County. Further north and east could pick up more than that, of course.

Nothing but rain. Wunderground nearby stations have not dropped in temperature much over the past hour or two. With the precip shield dying to our south and the coastal showing up weaker on every run of the RUC, I think this storm is about to become a big ole' bust. Maybe an inch overnight here in Chapel Hill and perhaps up to 2" in Wake County. Further north and east could pick up more than that, of course.

It is now 36.0, down from 42. Relax.

I just got back home and man was that drive fun. That was some of the heaviest snow ive ever driven in. We had a good round of sleet in the morning. It went to all snow around 1030. We had around half an inch all day it seemed. Then all of the sudden it started piling up pretty good. I just went out and measured between 3 and 3.5 inches around the yard. ive been without internet and radar all day so this was a shocker to me. Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm almost 4 inches, its starting to slow down.. My fiend in Marietta said maybe 2 inches there

Archived