e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Observations Christmas Day Storm and Beyond

phil882

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really hope this energy and moisture in n ga makes it to the carolinas....its been heavy enough to drop below freezing and everything is completely covered here :thumbsup: moderate to heavy snow (dime to nickel size flakes) continues :wub:

Snowing moderately now. Already whitening up the mulch beds. Going out for a drive now. Enjoy your snow!

:thumbsup: enjoy yours as well

Changeover started about 30 minutes ago here in Peachtree City. I've been cautiously waiting for this to happen. Now I just want to see 1 inch before midnight so it can be official. A white Christmas in Georgia!!!!!

We have been on the south side of that rain snow line all afternoon and the weenie in me was veritably SCREAMING for the change over to hurry the F up.

Very cool to see the radar starting to fill in back in Northern AL, and TN. Looks like some moderate to heavier returns up near BNA too. I've got a really good feeling about this one!

Yep, I like seeing that also. Delta canceled everything up here and a lot of other places also. Did that buy you some time off?

never really looked at in a few hours. I'm just happy to see it finally snow. I think what I'm going to do from this point on tonight is just enjoy whats falling, and never even look at the radar or RUC runs. It will be hard to do, but after sucha frustrating day (week !) I'm ready to just accept what ever comes and be happy with it. If its 1" total, so be it. If 4 or 6" even better, but radar can be misleading anyway in a situation like this.

thats exactly what i have been doing! watching radar, the boards, obs etc. i havent looked at any models today, other than the few posts here and there

Finally getting moderate snow here! My patience has paid off! :thumbsup::snowman:

sweet! :guitar:

Definitely not Durham yet.

I live four miles south of exit 143 off I-40 in Burlington. We have not had much precip reach the ground. Mainly drizzle or overcast. No snow yet. On my way out to drive to Chapel Hill and then back. Maybe will have snow by the time I get back.

Very light molten snow is falling.

That is impossible! It does not SN in your neighborhood from my understanding. :arrowhead: Are you sure they are not metaphysical dendrites? Perhaps you are staring to hard into the flood lights, wait a couple minutes and I am sure you will discover it was a swarm of nats or something. :blahblah:

I agree and Im south of you.

Mod to heavy SN right now

about 5 inches here as darkness descends on the foothills, temps is finally down to freezing and the RADAR is looking better :) I think we will end up with around 8, but if a good band sets up over McDowell then more

EDIT- oops meant to put this in the obs thread... my apologies

Just got back home. Nothing here. It is snowing lightly now but not near hard enough to overcome the thoroughly wet ground. On the positive side, all the brine they put on the road the past three days has washed down the sewers. Not sure what to expect tonight as I haven't been keeping up.

Archived