Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Observations Christmas Day Storm and Beyond

phil882

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power is flashing here... uh oh.

Hang in there ol' buddy...it's been flashin here as well.

As strongwxnc posted, the 850's are crashing and the snow is turning more and more to powder. The radar trends looks pretty darn well for Western North Carolina tonight. Looking at this national composite, you can the see the precip mass consolidation...

usa_None_anim.gif

Nice radar Dan. This give me much more hope for the night.

Hang in there ol' buddy...it's been flashin here as well.

As strongwxnc posted, the 850's are crashing and the snow is turning more and more to powder. The radar trends looks pretty darn well for Western North Carolina tonight. Looking at this national composite, you can the see the precip mass consolidation...

31 and snow accumulating on the porch, cars and grass. I was in Blacksburg for the afternoon and it drizzled for about 2 hours before the changeover.

I can now say "there's simply no place to go...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Snow with 3 miles of me, but it's back to rain here. Things looked good back in Spartanburg about an hour ago, but it doesnt seem to be advancing any further south.

31 and snow accumulating on the porch, cars and grass. I was in Blacksburg for the afternoon and it drizzled for about 2 hours before the changeover.

I can now say "there's simply no place to go...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" :thumbsup:

Good for you Peach...:snowman:I had you pegged for some of the best in the upstate and still believe you will get quite a bit.

Over here on the other hand it's snowing moderately but it'll take a lot to get any accumulation. We got a lot more rain today than most everybody, soaked everything down real good and it's still above freezing. Got a dusting on the porch and that's all so far, but enjoy looking out the window and seeing it fall!:thumbsup:

For those in the RDU area the radar is starting to look real good. Looks like a band is setting up to run through Wake County for a while.

Light snow, fairly large flakes with a light rain mix just started at 6:40pm per my obs. I'm a few miles from the airport. :thumbsup:

Archived