Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

10 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

The 12z nam is essentially one of the biggest northeast spring snowstorms of the ages. We'd be talking about this solution for years to come. Chuck em high, chuck em low, the elongated low has got to go. Thic weenies. Screenshot_20230312_104811_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acf9926f0c20c053541ac33bebe2154b.jpg

1 hour ago, TalcottWx said:

Way too many red flags for CT right now. This disjointed mess could be the ultimate middle finger to all of us here. 

One of these is not like the other…within 50 minutes after a Nam run. 

• Haha 1

Seems that the EURO sits between the NAM suite and that of the GFS. 

EURO has the stretched out, two band setup but further SW than the GFS. 

The NAM is one congealed storm, but seems to the the only model doing this.

So EURO for now since it's a compromise?

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

It would be cool if they developed an interactive tool where you can plus in any ratio and the algorithm would spit out the map.

Software available via Unidata. AWIPS and it probably is used by the NWS. I know with GRADS it's just a simple script change in programming, 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, George001 said:

Nam gets below freezing in interior areas and down to 33 for the coast, wouldn’t those areas below freezing see better than 10:1 ratios? 

Yes maybe. That doesn’t change my point though. NAM was pretty cold but people should stop posting 10 to 1 unless we’re doing it with caveats. 

• Like 1

Just now, ROOSTA said:

SREF's (admittedly out-of-range) have a MEAN accum across the landscape much lower than the clown show.

SREFs pretty much useless until like 24h out..which makes them useless overall these days. They used to be ok on winter storms when they had the ETA members included. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the NAM shows us what this should look like if all the parts come together as we would like them too…this has very high potential as I think all of us know.  But can it maximize mist of that potential as the NAM shows?  

0z Euro was a great run for most too. 

Ray is sold on a monster for SNE…Hope he’s right and didn’t jump the gun. He’s got Walt Dragg on his side…which is definitely a plus.   Hope it can come together and we all rejoice. Then move on to spring  afterwards. 

• Like 1