Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 minute ago, Harry said:

It can depend. Jan 67 is best example of sharing in the glory. Jan 78 was more here. GHDI was more there to Grand Rapids. GHDII was a bit more here. 

It just seems that Chicago and Detroit are usually in completely different storm track lanes.  Usually if Chicago gets clobbered, somewhere in SW MI will also cash in.  The exact bullseye depends on the track of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frostfern said:

It just seems that Chicago and Detroit are usually in completely different storm track lanes.  Usually if Chicago gets clobbered, somewhere in SW MI will also cash in.  The exact bullseye depends on the track of course.

GHDll is probably the closest for all sharing in the decent totals I think? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BrewCrewMI said:

GRR mentions models still outputting anywhere from 0 to 15".

Cluster.

Like the NAM they remain defiant. It's killing them that the heaviest snows may go se of Grand Rapids. They are perhaps the most imby weenie office on planet Earth. Lol

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Like the NAM they remain defiant. It's killing them that the heaviest snows may go se of Grand Rapids. They are perhaps the most imby weenie office on planet Earth. Lol

So. True. 

They have the “Since we here at the NWS GRR Office will not be receiving the brunt of the storm, we will go with an inch or less for the county entire area” attitude. 

For this event they seem pretty optimistic about heaviest totals in a triangle from Lansing to Kzoo, to Jackson. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Harry Perry said:

So. True. 

They have the “Since we here at the NWS GRR Office will not be receiving the brunt of the storm, we will go with an inch or less for the county entire area” attitude. 

Oh yeah I have seen them do that as well on more then one occasion. 

Don't forget that great bearier aka 131 where nothing gets past it via the lake. 

• Haha 3

The closest storm I can think of compared to this would be Vets day 87. Mid Atlantic.. Was expecting a snow/rain mix but it flipped to a heavy wet snow and dropped 12-18. Never seen snow melt so fast as that did either. Was gone within two days. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

And as is the norm lately, those in the "bullseye" will end up disappointed by underperformance due to the terrible modeling. 

as they say,"if the ships going down your going to come with me." post. Cary's congratulatory tone to those in the bullseyes was all BS. Every true snow weenie knows it. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

The closest storm I can think of compared to this would be Vets day 87. Mid Atlantic.. Was expecting a snow/rain mix but it flipped to a heavy wet snow and dropped 12-18. Never seen snow melt so fast as that did either. Was gone within two days. 

Reminder we don't have the Atlantic ocean nearby so totals like that are highly doubtful. Was just speaking on the temp profiles and such. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Baum said:

as they say,"if the ships going down your going to come with me." post. Cary's congratulatory tone to those in the bullseyes was all BS. Every true snow weenie knows it. 

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer

• Haha 3