Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

24 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Or just underestimating the power of this storm itself. 977 MB at Hour 36 is pretty bonkers for this part of the country

Not all 977mb lows are created equal, so that means nothing in isolation.

See, for example, the Christmas eve storm which was nearly as strong but produced very underwhelmimg snowfall amounts for most.

Temp profiles, storm track and location/residence/intensity of better lift/instability/moisture are the more relevant factors.

That said, I'll eat crow if 12"+ amounts happen (not including any LES). I'd love for you all to get a big dog.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

So what your saying is GFS = Good For Shit? :lol:

Nah, in all honesty hope you guys in SEMI receive a thumping. Would be a terrible waste of tracking for everyone to be shut out 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Not all 977mb lows are created equal, so that means nothing in isolation.

See, for example, the Christmas eve storm which was nearly as strong but produced very underwhelmimg snowfall amounts for most.

Temp profiles, storm track and location/residence/intensity of better lift/instability/moisture are the more relevant factors.

That said, I'll eat crow if 12"+ amounts happen (not including any LES). I'd love for you all to get a big dog.

Taking all bets for Powerball to eat a crow

006281F0-5437-42A8-A0AF-11186B2885BD.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I am more SW Michigan. But thanks! I still wouldn't rule anything out just yet. 

SW MI folks are usually allied with N IL folks.  Except for the weird zonal track systems.  My hope is the system is a bit less thread-the-needle than modelled QPF.  There usually is more than one weenie band.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frostfern said:

SW MI folks are usually allied with N IL folks.  Except for the weird zonal track systems.

It can depend. Jan 67 is best example of sharing in the glory. Jan 78 was more here. GHDI was more there to Grand Rapids. GHDII was a bit more here. 

• Like 2