Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

9 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Harry I believe your snow magnet worked because it would appear the models have honed in on the jackpot zone being between my place and your place.

Wish the model was correct with the temps which it shows them dropping to freezing the moment the precip arrives and then goes a bit below till the precip starts to wind down and the temps go back slightly above.. If it is/was right we could eclipse the foot mark easily. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wish the model was correct with the temps which it shows them dropping to freezing the moment the precip arrives and then goes a bit below till the precip starts to wind down and the temps go back slightly above.. 

It would be great to stay below freezing most of the event.  I really hope we get some solid 2"+ rates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wish the model was correct with the temps which it shows them dropping to freezing the moment the precip arrives and then goes a bit below till the precip starts to wind down and the temps go back slightly above.. 

That would be nice.. also entirely possible with evaporative cooling/increasing wind. Will be fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

That would be nice.. also entirely possible with evaporative cooling/increasing wind. Will be fun to watch.

Considering walking to and from work as I'll be getting off during the peak. Only just 2.1 miles. Did it during the Nov Les event. 

Need to get rid of my old images so I can make space for new pics on here. 

LOT just pulled the trigger on a Warning for here. 4-8” with locally higher, and gusts in excess of 45 mph. The 2-3” per hour and thunder snow parts would be pretty sexy.

838 PM CST Thu Mar 2 2023

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 10 PM CST FRIDAY...

* WHAT, Heavy wet snow accumulations, intense snow rates, strong
northeast winds, low visibility, and dangerous travel conditions
expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches expected
with locally higher amounts. In addition, northeast winds will
gust in excess of 45 mph.

* WHERE, Portions of east central and northeast Illinois and
northwest Indiana.

* WHEN, From noon to 10 PM CST Friday.

* IMPACTS, Travel will become difficult and dangerous, including
during the Friday afternoon and evening commute. The
combination of heavy, wet snow accumulations on trees and strong
northeasterly winds may lead to downed tree limbs and localized
power outages.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS, Snow rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour and
thundersnow may occur within a narrow but intense band of snow.
This will cripple travel conditions including during the
afternoon and evening commute.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baum said:

I see LOT decided to issue warnings/advisories prior to rest of overnight runs. I don't disagree with calls, and really don't put  much credence in winter weather products, but surprised this move was made now. 

Yeah I am amazed GRR did the same. Advisory for Grand Rapids and nothing for the counties north of there. Basically advisory from Holland to Grand Rapids ene to Alma. Warnings just south of them including Lansing and all of i94. 

5 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Surprised IWX didn't join in the upgrade of the watch to present a unified message with us to the west and GRR to their north and DTX to their northeast. I see they did put some counties into a WWA.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

They did but the map is not updated for some reason.

5 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Surprised IWX didn't join in the upgrade of the watch to present a unified message with us to the west and GRR to their north and DTX to their northeast. I see they did put some counties into a WWA.

You guys I am guessing are not allowed to split a county between warning and advisory? Thinking of Cook because the southern part most models still showing what I am guessing would be warning criteria amounts? 

You guys I am guessing are not allowed to split a county between warning and advisory? Thinking of Cook because the southern part most models still showing what I am guessing would be warning criteria amounts? 
Cook County does have 3 zones, as does Will County. The evening shift opted to leave southern Cook out of the WSW, but did put in eastern Will.

• Thanks 1