joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

27 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Flurries just starting here. 

Yep. Picking up. Light snow here. 

You see point and click now has a total of 13 here. With temps looking colder and below freezing I wonder if GRR ends up upgrading to blizzard warnings? 

Well it's not snow but it is freakin knarley as hell out. 36F 2.25 in of sideways rain so far wind 25-30 gusts to 45 for the last 4 hours.  With a 988mb pressure and falling it has seriously felt like a tropical storm for the last 4 hours outside with big drops slamming the windows in the howling wind except the wind chill is 29 lol. 

Ima gonna go looking for that flying pizza :beer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Picking up. Light snow here. 

You see point and click now has a total of 13 here. With temps looking colder and below freezing I wonder if GRR ends up upgrading to blizzard warnings? 

No I’ve been busy, just about to take a gander and the latest. 13”.. impressive. The 12z trends this morning had me thinking maybe this would end up further east. I do see there’s some 50-60mph gusts southwest of us.. makes me wonder if they would pull the trigger on blizzard warnings. This snow type isn’t usually very conducive of blowing and drifting, but with 45mph winds it would make up for the heavy water content in the snow, so it’s possible. They’ll probably keep things as-is being it’s a relatively short duration event. 

Just now, Harry Perry said:

No I’ve been busy, just about to take a gander and the latest. 13”.. impressive. The 12z trends this morning had me thinking maybe this would end up further east. I do see there’s some 50-60mph gusts southwest of us.. makes me wonder if they would pull the trigger on blizzard warnings. This snow type isn’t usually very conducive of blowing and drifting, but with 45mph winds it would make up for the heavy water content in the snow, so it’s possible. They’ll probably keep things as-is being it’s a relatively short duration event. 

A matter of how much it falls below freezing? Temps had been expected to stay above freezing keeping it a wet snow. That should allow for the snow to blow with below freezing temps expected.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chinook said:

well, this is in the Ohio Valley area... apparently this was a confirmed tornado, and a few more warnings in the Evansville region

confirmed tornado near evansville fort branch indiana1.jpg

Yeah, in a way we're lucky.  This system is just thermodynamically short of possibly being one of those March outbreaks for the history books.

10 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

You getting any lightning? Saw some strikes near Springfield. Reflectivity impressive near you. 

Not currently, had some thunder earlier but was on a computer away from window so not sure if it was snowing then or not. Was surprised when I looked out the window and seen it snowing heavy.

Starting to coat but only going to create frozen slush

2127861837_IMG_20230303_140552_5662.thumb.jpg.c7dfcb9fabdad24a35ac93a8146f7412.jpg

• Like 1