• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

thundersnow on the radar screen as well as local airport observations at Adrian MI, Decatur IL

METAR: KADG 032105Z AUTO 06013KT 1/4SM VCTS SN FG OVC006 01/00 A2942 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W P0002 T00060000

METAR: KDEC 032111Z 35025G38KT 1/2SM VCTS SN FG BKN008 OVC012 01/01 A2928 RMK AO2 PK WND 35049/2057 PRESRR P0004 T00110011 $

lightning to the snowy northwest1.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

C'mon down here with us Interstate Kitchen Sink er 70 posters, we'll toughen you up lol. ;)

They have no idea. Our weather underwhelms, is boring, or lets us down like 90% of the time. Typical our luck. This monster storm and were 40 degree and rain

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Widespread 60-75MPH post-frontal wind gusts across much of S. IN/KY/TN as well.

Frankly was miffed (and still am for some areas from NE OH into NW PA/SW NY where wind headlines STILL haven't been hoisted) at how conservative some offices have been with wind headlines on this one, outside of offices south of the Ohio River where warnings went up much earlier. Maybe when we're setting record low pressures it's a good sign to just issue the darn wind headlines. Hi-res models had gusts as high as what's been measured...I get that sometimes they're overdone but it's rare that a <980mb low isn't a giant wind bag.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, King James said:

Legit some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen 

7 minutes ago, King James said:

Big old rumbles of thunder 

This is great. Won’t get true big dog totals, but this event will help me raise my winter grade from a F to a D- :lol:

Big gust of wind just rolled through here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OHweather said:

Frankly was miffed (and still am for some areas from NE OH into NW PA/SW NY where wind headlines STILL haven't been hoisted) at how conservative some offices have been with wind headlines on this one, outside of offices south of the Ohio River where warnings went up much earlier. Maybe when we're setting record low pressures it's a good sign to just issue the darn wind headlines. Hi-res models had gusts as high as what's been measured...I get that sometimes they're overdone but it's rare that a <980mb low isn't a giant wind bag.

I had been going with gusts up to 60MPH being likely (Didn't want to go all in on the hi-res' higher end depictions alone). But yea, a lot of downstate IL NWS offices were more conservative and only suggested gusts up to 50MPH for the most part, which was quite surprising.

With it happening in a widespread/significant fashion in real-time now, any that haven't jumped onboard yet...it's a lost cause.