• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

If you look at the clown maps, we get there.  When you parse it out, I don't see the crazy rates in the overnight hours.  It starts to pile up after sunrise.  That recipe seems suspect to me.  That being said, you can see which model appears to be in the driver's seat.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The nice thing now, is even if we get a 50/50 compromise from here on out between Euro/GFS, that's gonna be a huge hit for like BOS to ORH and maybe even down to far N CT/N RI.

Yeah, it probably won’t be all snow here, but it definitely could be a very significant winter storm. Snow sleet snow 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You are so snake bitten by this winter lol. It was a good move south. Doesn’t mean it can’t go back north, but it was a decent move 

I'm not looking at clown maps, I am looking at features which to me is more important. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, it probably won’t be all snow here, but it definitely could be a very significant winter storm. Snow sleet snow 

Biggest improvement this run was the thump. It's starting to actually look decent. The CCB idea is fun, but I'm not counting on much from that....Im assuming it will mostly hit like SE NH and then slide offshore....but the thump can give us close to warning snows alone.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Biggest improvement this run was the thump. It's starting to actually look decent. The CCB idea is fun, but I'm not counting on much from that....Im assuming it will mostly hit like SE NH and then slide offshore....but the thump can give us close to warning snows alone.

Even on the paltry NAM it has some hefty omega aloft. 

I seriously have no clue which way to hedge right now

1 minute ago, MuddyWx said:

snku_acc-imp.us_ne.png

Put that on 24h snow at the 60 hour mark to isolate just this storm alone...but those kuchera maps giving warning snows for much of MA are a good indicator that the thump is looking much better. It's less marginal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The nice thing now, is even if we get a 50/50 compromise from here on out between Euro/GFS, that's gonna be a huge hit for like BOS to ORH and maybe even down to far N CT/N RI.

Agree... if you want to throw in a meso; throw in the rgem for good measure to the compromise.  If the NAM  wins given the global trends, it will be one of its all time wins...   I think we will know as soon as this upcoming 18z cycle whether or not the NAM has any chance.  I think the globals are best representing the impacts of the confluence and blocky nature of the setup...

• Like 1