Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

4 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

You might be right but which model has it correct right now ? Probably none of them but we will find out soon enough

I always lean RGEM as the starting point.  It might be too dry this time around but probably 3-5 inch max event inside the city for this one, imo the bronx is not getting 6+ inches like that map shows, I’m not sure anyone is but maybe there could be a narrow strip of 6+. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I grew up in Brooklyn and I have been to both Central Park and ( I saw Simon and Garfunkel and quite a few others there but I stray ) ...

One time that I strayed there when I was still in school was to see S&G on 9/19/81.  On the way home that night I met a girl.  We are still together.

Looking down on Central Park

where they say you should not go

after dark

• Like 4

I always lean RGEM as the starting point.  It might be too dry this time around but probably 3-5 inch max event inside the city for this one, imo the bronx is not getting 6+ inches like that map shows, I’m not sure anyone is but maybe there could be a narrow strip of 6+. 

I don’t know why anyone is using 10:1 ratio snow maps for this event. They are wayyyy overdone and inaccurate. And let’s see what the other models do at 12z and 0z. Is it the NAM being the NAM or the start of a trend?

4 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I didn't move anything, I've always viewed New York City as a region and not a point

Another example is the heat record being 107 at LGA not 106 from Central Park.

The point being New York City consists of 5 boroughs not one malfunctioning piece of equipment in a Park where no one lives.

I'm proud to say in my 40+ years of living in the region I've never been to Central Park and never plan on ever going there. I hate the place.

I do see your point. 

I think the only way to manage such a large area like NYC is to have an official measurement in all Burroughs and average in addition to each airports individual records.

Bronx has a large portion of NYCs population and it's never truly represented in the city's measurement.

• Like 1