Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

18z RGEM looks as if it would be about 2 inches for NYC even though it's mostly snow. It's mainly light snow. This event seems to be trending colder and weaker. 

Euro seems to be the only model showing both cold and decent qpf. I’d def take the RGEM solution though probably the best we are going to get with this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Euro seems to be the only model showing both cold and decent qpf. I’d def take the RGEM solution though probably the best we are going to get with this. 

RGEM would be 3-5" if the city can stay all snow. Maybe 2-4" because ratios might be under 10-1. This winter it might as well be 24". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winterweatherlover said:

I have a different take. I think HPN might be in a very good spot with this one. I think areas just north of the city could do very well with the front end. It depends how far north the pellets make it but usually being just north of sleet is good for heavy snow in this type of WAA setup.    

NWS cut HPN down to 2-4 from 3-5.  I agree with that assessment.  We will see.  

11 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

NWS still not buying more than a few inches south of 80 and has 1" or less south of 78, but they did move a little snowier vs. this morning (when they had no snow south of 78) and they do tend to not like making big jumps with model jumps, which kind of makes sense...

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

Looks like they're leaning towards advisory for the immediate N suburbs and N from there. Based on today it should probably be one tier south to include the N shore and N parts of the city. There could be a pretty big difference between the south and north shores in this one because we have an ESE surface wind. The ocean is the coldest it gets all year but it still makes a difference in these marginal setups. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yeah things are trending towards the Euro.

It's almost hard to believe that we might get accumulating snow this winter.

Yup. Our 3 week winter starts today. With what ensembles are showing plus mjo phase 8 I would say 15- 20" for the park when all is said and done 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yeah things are trending towards the Euro.

It's almost hard to believe that we might get accumulating snow this winter.

NYC plays it cards right and we might actually see an average season. In theory, we could see an above average snowfall after this dismal winter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1