Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

UKMET came in warmer again. Hardly anything for NYC now. It shows a very nice event for northwest NJ. 

Yeah down to a half inch for CPK.

So far GFS and GEM went a bit colder while the UKMET went warmer.

I think the NWS is on target with their snowfall map.

• Like 1

Upton going very conservative for the city/LI/south of I-80 and I agree. Euro and GGEM are nice to look at but I'd wait until tomorrow before getting optimistic especially when the GFS and UKMET still suck and how we know SWFEs usually trend at the end. Interior CT and the Hudson Valley are looking better though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Upton going very conservative for the city/LI/south of I-80 and I agree. Euro and GGEM are nice to look at but I'd wait until tomorrow before getting optimistic especially when the GFS and UKMET still suck and how we know SWFEs usually trend at the end. Interior CT and the Hudson Valley are looking better though. 

I'd def rather have the Canadian models and Euro in my camp than the GFS/Ukie. However I agree with you about SWFE and late north trends so agree not to be too hopeful yet.   

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I'm filing a disclaimer complaint with Upton if CPK/NYC gets 1 inch of sleet with this and then adds 1.5 or less elsewhere and we break the record lol....sleet normally counts as snow...well should I say OFFICIALLY does but in this case we should make an exception if it ruins the record 

With the way mid March looks, I think the chance of breaking the record is low.

Verbatim if you take a mix of the guidance this is as close to 12/2005 as you can get or maybe 1/3/03 where it may be 31 and snowing in Mt Vernon and 34 and rain or 32 and sleet in LGA...the storm setups are nothing alike but you can see even on the warmest setups the metro winds go 120-080-020 so its never gonna get above 33-34 probably even on central or eastern LI.   This is automatically a rain event in December but here it may be hours on end of PLRA or PL...I definitely could see places like EWR or NYC being entirely sleet without a doubt.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I'm filing a disclaimer complaint with Upton if CPK/NYC gets 1 inch of sleet with this and then adds 1.5 or less elsewhere and we break the record lol....sleet normally counts as snow...well should I say OFFICIALLY does but in this case we should make an exception if it ruins the record 

I mean we can't actually have a winter where the Hollywood Sign ends with more snow than Central Park, right? 

8 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

NWS Totals too high for my area HPN.  No way 4, esp. on the ground. Maybe 2. Trend going against them.

I have a different take. I think HPN might be in a very good spot with this one. I think areas just north of the city could do very well with the front end. It depends how far north the pellets make it but usually being just north of sleet is good for heavy snow in this type of WAA setup.