Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Then why does the EPS mean have a bend north and west (this trended at 6Z).  GEFS often go S and E.

Some members with much less blocking?

I mean, they are possible, but I don't see any reason to buy into those at the moment, given the trends and forecast teleconnections. 

That's just me.

Then there are others that show more, hence the mean, with E trajectory.

921c6506-5644-42c2-b7a0-bf32d8f676aa.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

Would that block allow the other shortwave to catch up and phase, or is that still unlikely?

That's a good point. Possible though currently unlikely. But if what I believe to be a trend of Stronger block-->slower trajectory, that would increase the odds quite a bit vs the current guidance consensus on that aspect.

Point of interest highest for eastern locations.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

These are the times when some people get nervous and start throwing out the cliche of this can only get so far N/S.....ha ha.

Sometimes that's true. There was a 2010s March where everything was suppressed due to confluence.

However for this one I think it's more likely to trend north over time.

Gonna try hard not to jump off a cliff when it's 40F and rain down here while SNE gets a major snowstorm. 

• Like 1

Yeah the models arent showing what the Euro did yesterday, but the important thing is they moved away from the cutter and are showing a Miller B now. Im not buying a progressive solution at all, in my opinion they will start trending back to yesterday’s Euro run over the next couple of days due to the blocking.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Gotta say it always makes me a little uncomfortable having the primary hold together so far north. Is there a risk of warmer air aloft working in down here?

I also am wondering if the primary holding on longer is going to be better for the WOR crowd, as the icon kind of displays.

Like I mentioned a few posts up, the heavy snow axis has a NW to SE trajectory 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I also am wondering if the primary holding on longer is going to be better for the WOR crowd, as the icon kind of displays.

Like I mentioned a few posts up, the heavy snow axis has a NW to SE trajectory 

Interesting. I was worried about the temps aloft perhaps being marginal if the primary doesn’t fizzle down in Ohio. I guess the high is in a decent spot though.