Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

7 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

GFS is colder at 06z. big increase in the strength of the confluence. what a trend over the last full model cycle

gfs-deterministic-conus-z500_anom-1677132000-1677564000-1677564000-40.thumb.gif.a956261b43dfdc09cf00071214a30b93.gif

Love to see it! Now, will this hold? It's fun to finally just have something besides scraps to track... now off to scrape the ice off the truck and get to work 31° and freezing rain 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Love to see it! Now, will this hold? It's fun to finally just have something besides scraps to track... now off to scrape the ice off the truck and get to work 31° and freezing rain 

I think you're in a great spot. I would say if we get to 00z and we're in around the same spot, there's going to be a storm. let's get through today and see what happens

• Like 1

Good news is the strong -NAO block is real.

The bad news is there is little arctic interaction and therefore we’ve seen a dampening in the solutions with time, due to the combination of these factors.

The balance of this is certainly net positive for snow-starved SNE.

Highest confidence that the axis of heaviest snowfall is in SNE, and increases as you move closer to the coast. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I don't see that unless things shift north. Not sure what he's looking at verbatim that shows snow to rain

It’s just the usual cautionary bologny, they always throw it in there at 4 plus days out, keeps em safe, especially if you live on/near the water, and in a rat like this has been.  Last night our locals were saying that here for inland areas. 

20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

With the move to a more mundane solution, I think that is on the table, at least for the immediate coastline.

You are overreacting a bit to individual model runs. We need to be looking for trends. It's just one run. If you see it again at noon, that's a trend toward a mundane solution. 6-10" is still a very good storm in this season. Right on the cusp of major. 

4 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

You are overreacting a bit to individual model runs. We need to be looking for trends. It's just one run. If you see it again at noon, that's a trend toward a mundane solution. 

C’mon,,, you know him, if it backs of a millimeter, he’s mehing.  Take it for what it’s worth(not much). A day ago he was saying nothing was gonna happen.  

Ita a great strong signal. And we’d all be giddy with 10-12”. I mean we’ve had pretty much nothing all winter. This is great right as it is.   

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

C’mon,,, you know him, if it backs of a millimeter, he’s mehing.  Take it for what it’s worth(not much). A day ago he was saying nothing was gonna happen.  

Ita a great strong signal. And we’d all be giddy with 10-12”. I mean we’ve had pretty much nothing all winter. This is great right as it is.   

I think it will be helpful if we explain where we are coming from.