• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

This one seems locked.  Route 2 north plowable snow.  Pike region 1-2.  C-2 south.    We’re pulling systems off every 2-3 days now.

re:   Thread title:  Yiddish is a jargon of something like 7 languages. Hebrew and German are prominent and Yiddish speakers read Hebrew letters despite being a totally different language.   Ironically, one of the first Yiddish words I learned was when my grandmother looked out of the window and exclaimed SCHNEE!

Schmuck and Putz are good ones too...I hope she didn't direct those at you!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well there’s no overnight stuff though. Any snow south of 90 is Friday into early Saturday 

Actually most of the snow around the pike on The 18z euro image is Thur overnite this run 

It looks like it adds a 1/4-1/2” near pike overnite Friday and keeps the ull stuff further north on that run 

this thru 5am Friday 

035B16F1-273D-4C36-875A-889B114A24BA.png

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Actually most of the snow around the pike on The 18z euro image Is Thursday nite . I just edited Image to go thru Friday 21z

It looks like it adds a 1/4-1/2” near pike overnite Friday and keeps the ull stuff further north on that run 

Yeah this is the ULL 24 hour QPF, that’s how it clips E.MA with IVT.  But it’s just one model run, need meteorology not modelology.

D656A60E-8F62-4903-84B7-68B75B23BD99.thumb.png.a8608c15537bc341510eb45a62bb8b28.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Actually most of the snow around the pike on The 18z euro image is Thur overnite this run 

this thru 5am Friday 

035B16F1-273D-4C36-875A-889B114A24BA.png

Not speaking of this run.. just the general evolution of what most guidance has

42 minutes ago, weathafella said:

This one seems locked.  Route 2 north plowable snow.  Pike region 1-2.  C-2 south.    We’re pulling systems off every 2-3 days now.

re:   Thread title:  Yiddish is a jargon of something like 7 languages. Hebrew and German are prominent and Yiddish speakers read Hebrew letters despite being a totally different language.   Ironically, one of the first Yiddish words I learned was when my grandmother looked out of the window and exclaimed SCHNEE!

I love that Jerry! I came up with a thread title when I was just reading the overnight discussion I just thought to myself enough is enough it’s time for winter! And I remember my grandmother I used to speak Yiddish.  And I made the thread title on a whim, just trying to add a little something different for the fun of it. Probably also, my visit last week to Auschwitz made me think a bit about the culture that was lost.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Somehow 18z euro gives Attleboro more snow than tolland with the overnite stuff late Thursday . Odd. But either way snow is further south on 18z euro for what that’s worth .

Then the ULL stuff stays in CNE /NNE 

this map is thru Friday 21z

C4346DA5-5D15-48A2-8069-5A3D94251EE4.png

I’ll be north as everyone knows. But I’ll post my ring picture of my location having more snow than Kevin, for sure.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I love that Jerry! I came up with a thread title when I was just reading the overnight discussion I just thought to myself enough is enough it’s time for winter! And I remember my grandmother I used to speak Yiddish.  And I made the thread title on a whim, just trying to add a little something different for the fun of it. Probably also, my visit last week to Auschwitz made me think a bit about the culture that was lost.

OT My Dad liberated several camps, he had nightmares his entire life. 

18ZEPS is 08 like for a week for you before the attention shifts south a little 

31 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It's funny, but one of my closest friends growing up had grandparents in Webster.  I learned some good Yiddish from them.  One phrase in particular sticks in my mind...I will probably butcher this, but....."halt deinen mund du Trottl du!"

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

OT My Dad liberated several camps, he had nightmares his entire life. 

18ZEPS is 08 like for a week for you before the attention shifts south a little 

Your dad was a hero.  

General Patton was a piece of shit.  Many died after the camps were liberated.  In defiance of command from general Eisenhower, Patton kept the Nazi guards in place with their only restriction being they couldn’t kill them.  His sudden death justifies a divine presence.

• Like 1