• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

17 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Looks like the bumped up the ranges for most from the map they had out earlier.

That's a little bit of an artifact of how we do QPF (and thus snow amount). We only have 72 hours of QPF, so last night's forecast would've cut off part of the event. Now with it included today it looks like we increased amounts, but it's just adding the end of the event. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That's a little bit of an artifact of how we do QPF (and thus snow amount). We only have 72 hours of QPF, so last night's forecast would've cut off part of the event. Now with it included today it looks like we increased amounts, but it's just adding the end of the event. 

Did not know that.  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup . It’s happening 

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Beware the bump north 48 hours 

This is another one where I don’t have real expectations here…but next week needs to see significant numbers put up on the board. No excuses. 

Wondering if Friday mid day may be under sold by a little ( not a lot, a little -)

That starting to look like it'll be assisted by unstable lapse rates.  I could see that 'burst' with a stripe or two inside a light to moderate rad shield...  Little critter does a bit better.  From 06z to 18z Friday, the 700 mb T between ALB and Logan ( on average ) appears to tank by 9 pts celsius...that's pretty impressive, while there is still a 90 kt 500 mb jet max ripping by 2 deg lat S. That's crossing up some frontogenic sig with lapse rates... 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wondering if Friday mid day may be under sold by a little ( not a lot, a little -)

That starting to look like it'll be assisted by unstable lapse rates.  I could see that 'burst' with a stripe or two inside a light to moderate rad shield...  Little critter does a bit better.  From 06z to 18z Friday, the 700 mb T between ALB and Logan ( on average ) appears to tank by 9 pts celsius...that's pretty impressive, while there is still a 90 kt 500 mb jet max ripping by 2 deg lat S. That's crossing up some frontogenic sig with lapse rates... 

It’s a nice solid look. ULL out south of LI linked up with Norlun. Snowy day becoming more likely most of SNE

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s a nice solid look. ULL out south of LI linked up with Norlun. Snowy day becoming more likely most of SNE

it's a system that's 2 chapters told, really... The Thursday contention is an isentropic lift thing that's in a marginal atmosphere that "might" host some near ice issue along Rt 2 ... snow in CNE and points N looks like a good bet. ... I mean this could certainly change over the next 2 days.

That sort of wanes off by 12z Friday...and then we re-bloom the QPF as a crashing column with some semblance of instability working with frotogen...etc etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only issue is the ULL goes thru central New England to southern Canada , but we can call that south of Long Island if we are confused 

Looks like the best lift is on the south side of it Thou 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Only issue is the ULL goes thru central New England to southern Canada , but we can call that south of Long Island if we are confused 

Yeah the ULL center goes north of us but the vortmax goes just south of us or almost over us so that’s where we could get some lift from. At the same time that is happening, the ULL is getting stretched out and opened up so that promotes an IVT where that is occurring….usually lining up with where the energy is going. So you see an IVT extending back into SNE. A few of the northern runs have it more in CNE or northern SNE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the ULL center goes north of us but the vortmax goes just south of us or almost over us so that’s where we could get some lift from. At the same time that is happening, the ULL is getting stretched out and opened up so that promotes and IVT where that is occurring….usually lining up with where the energy is going. So you see an IVT extending back into SNE. A few of the northern runs have it more in CNE or northern SNE. 

Ya I see the “lift” at the upper levels on the south side of the vort. Let’s see if that stays around 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like the best lift is on the south side of it Thou 

It’s a south look. Ray only oooking at snow Maps and outputs on his arrow maps , hence the confusion 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Would be huge for the ski areas if they can keep 1/23 snow too. That would be a really nice base repair from those two systems. Get skiing like it’s supposed to be. 

Ya that system seems to have the wide goal posts that you’ve alluded to . If that’s cuts thru NY then it will be a sad day filled with One reindeer sweater wearing weenie at Sprucepeak. We have never had a powder freak melt that I can recall .

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still can’t believe his luck. NNE thanks him for his worrying, we finally benefit from the earlier angst.

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nice skiing

I mean, I think it’s less luck and more this is their climo and it’s been historically bad to this point, so it almost had to turn for the better at some point.

Either way, should be a wintry few days. Some models have snow showers lingering into Saturday 

• Like 2

This one seems locked.  Route 2 north plowable snow.  Pike region 1-2.  C-2 south.    We’re pulling systems off every 2-3 days now.

re:   Thread title:  Yiddish is a jargon of something like 7 languages. Hebrew and German are prominent and Yiddish speakers read Hebrew letters despite being a totally different language.   Ironically, one of the first Yiddish words I learned was when my grandmother looked out of the window and exclaimed SCHNEE!

• Like 2