• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The areas getting snow have done very poorly last few years. Just part of climo. They will make up relatively speaking. 

There’s a huge difference. They’ve just not jacked. They’ve still had snow. These next 3-4 weeks are all or nothing . And they’ll laugh and rub it in while rubbing one out. I’d truly be happy with just a couple inches over the next few weeks to keep things wintry. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think I’d feel better than that if I lived in the Berks.

We can usually cash in on some upslope, but it looks minimal with this one. The following two storms sure do look interesting though. The ski resorts badly need some pack.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s a huge difference. They’ve just not jacked. They’ve still had snow. These next 3-4 weeks are all or nothing . And they’ll laugh and rub it in while rubbing one out. I’d truly be happy with just a couple inches over the next few weeks to keep things wintry. 

They'll be chances. Deep breathes.

Just now, subdude said:

nuts, with the fluctuations of temps I wouldn't dare step foot on the ice right now. Unbelievable for 1/18. I remember ice fishing in Dec on 8" of ice like 10yrs ago. 

The pond near here was like 5-6" thick ice in Dec 2013 and Dec 2017 with people skating all over it and playing hockey. It's open water right now (had some thin ice yesterday but its gone today).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Last 2 seasons totaled 119.6", or 59.8" per year against an average of 89.5" - almost exactly 2/3.  According to the snow table, Mt. Tolland had 113.3", or 56.65".  I suspect that's more like 90% of average.  This year may draw our percents closer, thanks in part to the mid-Dec dump here.

8 minutes ago, subdude said:

nuts, with the fluctuations of temps I wouldn't dare step foot on the ice right now. Unbelievable for 1/18. I remember ice fishing in Dec on 8" of ice like 10yrs ago. 

This date in 2018, it might've been closer to 18".  Had 7-8" on Flying Pond on 1/9, expect to see 9-10 if I get out there tomorrow - fish might be hungry with the falling bar.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

to the bolded: yes, yes, and yes

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I've made peace. Been fortunate last few years pulling stuff from my behind. As I said before, hopefully some events sprinkled around for all of us next few weeks.

Enjoyable stretch en route. I'll honestly enjoy tomorrow more than I did the blizzard last January.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not at all. It’s just going to be a frustrating next couple of weeks to a month or so watching folks up north of SNE stacking up snow , laughing at those of us not getting it and making jokes , knowing how much it sucks being on wrong side of the line . 

You were just wishing for rain to Quebec In the past couple storms.  Trying real hard to shut ‘em down.  Not going to get a lot of sympathy from up north, you’ve always been very generous and sympathetic in suppression patterns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You were just wishing for rain to Quebec In the past couple storms.  Trying real hard to shut ‘em down.  Not going to get a lot of sympathy from up north, you’ve always been very generous and sympathetic in suppression patterns.

I hate never , ever rooted for slopes to be shut down . Not once have I ever said that on any wx board. Find the posts where I wished for rain to Quebec and said Please shut all ski slopes and hurt peoples livelihood . Posting a Public Enemy video is not that . Everyone here knows each time you post those snowfall maps with comments like” look at all the snow in the region” it’s a passive aggressive stab at SNE . It’s not like no one doesn’t get what you’re doing . At any rate. Have fun up there the next month or two and enjoy all the snow 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I hate never , ever rooted for slopes to be shut down . Not once have I ever said that on any wx board. Find the posts where I wished for rain to Quebec and said Please shut all ski slopes and hurt peoples livelihood . Posting a Public Enemy video is not that . Everyone here knows each time you post those snowfall maps with comments like” look at all the snow in the region” it’s a passive aggressive stab at SNE . It’s not like no one doesn’t get what you’re doing . At any rate. Have fun up there the next month or two and enjoy all the snow 

Ha, I’m not going back for the posts, you definitely were not hoping for snow in the north.  I know it’s all a joke though.  You are never like “hopefully ORH north can stay snow” lol.

Like once the snow line gets past you, your posts always change to it’s going to Maine or Quebec.  Never any hard feelings, hope you get snow but we are all going to bust each other’s balls.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, I’m not going back for the posts, you definitely were not hoping for snow in the north.  I know it’s all a joke though.

Like once the snow line gets past you, your posts always change to it’s going to Maine or Quebec.  Never any hard feelings, hope you get snow but we are all going to bust each other’s balls.

One of Kevin favorites is Raines to Maines, Except now its to Rain to Central Maine, I can read maps and don't need to keep asking in a roundabout way to what is falling in a region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chris12WX said:

So everyone doesn't start weening out over model snow forecasts, what's the standard SWFE again? For places that stay snow generally 4-5". The jackpot is 7-8".

Outlined it earlier, 4-6", 6-10" and some lucky soul could see 12" but that's not a lock for the loli.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Looking like a solid 4-8” North Conway. 10” on the mountain?

The Cranmore massif doesn't tend to wring out snow in the same way as the Wasatch. I'd expect the same on the mountain as what falls in town.

• Haha 2