Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

How you get to that look is important too though.  A NS wave diving in from the NW to that location is a LOT different than something coming at us from the TN valley.   I would be a LOT more excited if I lived in Philly or NYC with this kind of setup.  It's going to be really difficult for that kind of setup to come together in time to really significantly impact the DC area.  It's possible...the CMC showed how, but history suggests this is way more likely to work out further NE of us.  Just beware of objects that might start coming at your head in here if this does evolve into a canonical miller b NYC hit DC screwjob.  

I honestly think this is a bit more longitude dependent than latitude dependent. NE seems to get flooded with warmth in a lot of these solutions

but yes, this is a weird setup, but I'm just happy that this seems to be trending towards something that has legit potential rather than a tepid piece of crap. I wonder if we'll continue to see the trailing wave dig with the first one just kind of shearing out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I honestly think this is a bit more longitude dependent than latitude dependent. NE seems to get flooded with warmth in a lot of these solutions

but yes, this is a weird setup, but I'm just happy that this seems to be trending towards something that has legit potential rather than a tepid piece of crap. I wonder if we'll continue to see the trailing wave dig with the first one just kind of shearing out

I wonder this too. 

32 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

nice shift on the ECMWF... weaker primary with a faster transfer

this is a sick mid level look too. you can do muchhhhh worse 

ezgif-4-2c77046b2a.thumb.gif.f9cfc52a2894283ececb21e314e08d01.gifecmwf-deterministic-conus-z500_anom-3686800.thumb.png.1022a691aeee51752a75d35676305a7a.png

Weenie handbook 2nd edition Chapter 5 section 3b....expect some big changes in the models next 36 hours as the energy out West is just starting to get better sampled.

• Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, dallen7908 said:

Weenie rule No. ? Why do you believe resolution is crucial here? 

This isn’t a simple synoptic setup. Placing the banding with a developing secondary dealing with multiple pieces of energy in close proximity is tricky. The kind of thing models would have missed completely 20 years ago.  The highest resolution and best physics has the best chance to possible see it and that’s the opp. 

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic