• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion)

Kmlwx

81/73 dew, with light winds out of the SW. Scattered clouds. Am sitting out on my deck as it is still in shade till about noon. Not too bad in the shade right now. Can feel the humidity/dew though. 

All my conditions can be seen in the link in my posts for real time updates. Ballanger Creek Backyard Weather station. :D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'm good if DC stays under clouds all day - don't want severe after last weekend.

I am hoping for a couple rounds of good thunderstorms with heavy rain and lots of lightning, bonus if second round is at night.  But I don't want damaging severe.  I've experienced baseball size hail twice (1978 and 1992) and I don't ever want to see that again

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The higher deck of clouds were preventing the sun from doing work on the lower deck.  Now that the higher clouds have passed, it is only a matter of time.  I see blue.  78.7 and humid.

Sun wanting to poke out more here now.  

80/76  soupy

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'm good if DC stays under clouds all day - don't want severe after last weekend.

same - now that i own a house, not really thrilled about the prospect of dealing with it.  It was different when we were in a big condo building with buried power lines all around us.

• Like 1

I think all systems are a go for one of the most significant severe weather outbreaks in our region the past few years. Skies are clearing so CIN is quickly eroding and our atmosphere is destabilizing, we’ll see if any crapvection fires out ahead - that’s probably the main limiting factor at this point. Kinematics still look quite favorable for some discrete cells to pop off the Appalachians this afternoon and I do think the tornado potential is legitimate especially those of you outside the Beltways. Linear storm modes are favored by the time you get inside the Beltway and east and we’ll be looking at a widespread damaging wind event. I am concerned about the potential for tens if not hundreds of thousands of power outages once this moves through. Hope everybody is safe, this is looking more and more like one for the books. 

• Like 13