• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Apx with 12-26 in there blizzard warning wording. I feel like the models have been so unreliable and forecasters have been burned so much in recent years that it's forced them to word the totals so far apart to cover their arses. They are prob tired from us weenies calling them out on here and the public talking crap about meteorologists. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Apx with 12-26 in there blizzard warning wording. I feel like the models have been so unreliable and forecasters have been burned so much in recent years that it's forced them to word the totals so far apart to cover their arses. They are prob tired from us weenies calling them out on here and the public talking crap about meteorologists. 

The public is gonna talk shit about meteorologists no matter what. They don't understand how difficult forecasting based on their knowledge and not just looking at models really is. For instance my SIL texted me asking me if we are getting a huge storm because everybody at her work is talking about it. Meanwhile we might get an inch but driving when the front comes through is gonna be a nightmare regardless. 

• Thanks 2

Looking like some good banding of snow squalls into Saturday via Lake MI after the main event, but position of banding TBD. Either way looks like a fun but couple days. I probably won't get a liquid equivalent total til Saturday. Rain gauge can will likely freeze solid with flash freeze of rain to snow. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

The public is gonna talk shit about meteorologists no matter what. They don't understand how difficult forecasting based on their knowledge and not just looking at models really is. For instance my SIL texted me asking me if we are getting a huge storm because everybody at her work is talking about it. Meanwhile we might get an inch but driving when the front comes through is gonna be a nightmare regardless. 

Yup. I'm getting some grief because we rescheduled some family Christmas Eve events. We had to make a decision at least four days ahead due to catering and that was at a time when Chicago was in the 12"-15" zone. AS it stands now, it's a complete hype storm and nothing we haven't seen dozens of times before.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

I would typically by more disappointed with the amount of snow forecasted, but considering it's gonna torch by next weekend, I really could care less.  

Same.... I couldn't care any less.

It basically gives us a better Christmas scenery

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buckeye said:

My sister and brother-in-law built a new house east of lakewood, OH.    The back of their house is about 70' from the shoreline of lake erie.

Needless to say the house will be tested tomorrow

They must be in the Edgewater community. Hopefully they have a strong/large breakwall. 

2 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

It also has no handle on current precip falling ahead of the front. Won’t necessarily amount to much, but still. 

Or the squall feature along the immediate front, hasn’t been developing it until near midday when in reality it’s been there

• Like 1