• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

00z NAM looks to be an upgrade especially for s MI. The low stays on the Michigan side of L Huron through the deepening process. I don't know if it does any good for Chicago, but it may mean that some forecast amounts for MI are low. I think this evolution is going to create sustained S+ bands across much of lower MI and amounts of 20-25 inches could occur in a few places. Will go for 22.5" at GRR, 15.0" LAN, 6.0" DTW, 12.5" MBS and 17.5" APN, possibly 18-25" TVC and MKG over the full duration of the storm. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 4

2 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

00z NAM looks to be an upgrade especially for s MI. The low stays on the Michigan side of L Huron through the deepening process. I don't know if it does any good for Chicago, but it may mean that some forecast amounts for MI are low. I think this evolution is going to create sustained S+ bands across much of lower MI and amounts of 20-25 inches could occur in a few places. Will go for 22.5" at GRR, 15.0" LAN, 6.0" DTW, 12.5" MBS and 17.5" APN, possibly 18-25" TVC and MKG over the full duration of the storm. 

Gonna need another hand for those rare 12” events in Lansing

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Lmao. Actually we ARE talking about the start to this winter. That's exactly what was said to the new york city person who moved to Port huron. "Sorry for the slow start".

Then suddenly we segway OT. There's a LOT more to weather than a big dog. And back to the original comment.

Columbus hasn't had a 6"+ storm since 2015. Detroit has had about a dozen. We are about to get our 3rd Christmas snowstorm since 2017. Poor us. 

Lolol we gotta change your name to turdpolisherfreak. 2 -3 inches isn't a snowstorm.

• Like 1

I like the 3-6” call for LOT CWA. I think biggest congrats are in order for the GRR crew. It is rare to see your office, who routinely sounds grumpier than me in their AFDs, hype up an event. And it seems warranted.

Also good to see Ohio get it on the action given they’ve ACTUALLY had bad luck past few winters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

I like the 3-6” call for LOT CWA. I think biggest congrats are in order for the GRR crew. It is rare to see your office, who routinely sounds grumpier than me in their AFDs, hype up an event. And it seems warranted.

Also good to see Ohio get it on the action given they’ve ACTUALLY had bad luck past few winters

We still have the triple threat of unforecasted warm tongue, sleet with surface temps of 12 degrees, and a fat 50 mile wide dry slot that are inevitable and Columbus gets them with every storm. This is why CMH hasn't measured >/= 6" from a single event since 2015.

• Sad 1