Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22-23, 2022: Warm Rain to Arctic Chill

WxUSAF

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Looking like we won’t be able to get a -20F day out of this arctic airmass over the weekend. -15F quite possible though. Morning lows (as is often the case) are the hold up. Daytime highs look about 20F BN.

we might pull a 20F AN on NYD.  Thats something...in the wrong direction but something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Looking like we won’t be able to get a -20F day out of this arctic airmass over the weekend. -15F quite possible though. Morning lows (as is often the case) are the hold up. Daytime highs look about 20F BN.

Gotta admit that's pretty chilly. Too bad we won't have the snowpack that we were hoping for.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Euro/CMC vs. GFS again?

I'm just rooting for that little sliver of gray to shift north a bit for mby flizzard. CMC has it too and its even more pronounced. 

1671904800-8GVqctvnxnU.png

An improvement with this morning's run.

Maybe I can take advantage  of the warmer waters in the C and D canal , ha !  A C&D Canal snow streamer.  I am very desperate! 

63a1bc717bb05.png.257f3511fcfa57614cbc55a955929865.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, snowmagnet said:

NC has done better than us the past five years.  

Such a blanket statement that it is almost meaningless.  It matters where you live in VA and where you live in NC.  I eked out 28” last year here in the valley (augusta county).   Pretty sure most of NC didn’t do better than that.

On the other hand, I am sure the mountains of NC do better than VA Beach at accumulating snow.

• Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

At least we ain’t the only ones going to get the shaft. Barely going to snow up around Chicago either now per euro. 

17AB3157-AC99-49BC-A74A-71F61F426005.png

45 minutes ago, frd said:

An improvement with this morning's run.

Maybe I can take advantage  of the warmer waters in the C and D canal , ha !  A C&D Canal snow streamer.  I am very desperate! 

63a1bc717bb05.png.257f3511fcfa57614cbc55a955929865.png

Does anyone have a VA zoomed in map of 6z Euro snowfall for this storm? To my weenie eyes, it looks like the 6z is depicting 6-8 inches in western Augusta County.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Does anyone have a VA zoomed in map of 6z Euro snowfall for this storm? To my weenie eyes, it looks like the 6z is depicting 6-8 inches in western Augusta County.

Not in a great position to share images but yes, that’s right, though the Kuchera goes lower.

It was an interesting run for the I-81 corridor… Kuchera EURO was 2-4” up and down it, with more (up to 6”) out in far western Augusta.

.5” inch line pushes out into western Loudoun.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TSSN+ said:

At least we ain’t the only ones going to get the shaft. Barely going to snow up around Chicago either now per euro. 

No offense to my new comrades, but their meltdowns are not nearly as epic as the ones here when the models, and the weather, stop cooperating.

And the folks in the Western states sub are constantly optimistic and never upset when it doesn't pan out.

It's WEIRD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

IOW, how much for my house?

Well, exactly.  Do you follow this weather board to see how much other people are getting, or how much you might get?  Lol

Also, I score little events out here when most of you all have given up, this place turns to banter, and Ji is jumping out windows.

So, yes, I was asking how much the Euro showed for mby, and I am not sorry. :D

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

Well, exactly.  Do you follow this weather board to see how much other people are getting, or how much you might get?  Lol

Also, I score little events out here when most of you all have given up, this place turns to banter, and Ji is jumping out windows.

So, yes, I was asking how much the Euro showed for mby, and I am not sorry. :D

I only watch models hoping others get snow.

• Haha 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic