• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12/11 - 12/12 First Flakes, First Accumulating Snow for some, Rain Discussion & Observations

Northof78

Currently 31, never broke freezing today.  High on the day 31.8.   Still light snow but much smaller flakes than what has occurred since this morning.  Up to .50".  The sun had just about set a bit earlier and immediate accumulations started on pavement.  Roads (at least my very quiet and untreated road) is completely covered.  No sun angle issues this time of year!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Driving back from Vermont the rain snow line was just NE of the Ct Ny border

one thing I did notice is the tops of the 57th street super talls looked to be obscured in snow above 800-1000’ I wish we had a station on top of the Nordstrom tower at 1550’. Probably be a few inches up there from this 

Noticed this too as I took a walk down the Roosevelt Island promenade today too. I wondered if there’d be snowflakes outside my 47th floor office window if I were there.  Just the chilliest possible rain for us surface dwellers though. Nice day to just be inside under a blanket.

Closing in on 1".  Currently 30.6 degrees.  Still light snow ongoing.  Per radar back edge should clear my area shortly.  Was expecting about 1" for my location so I'm happy with what I got.  Looks nice outside and adds to the holiday feel.  With some breaks of sun tomorrow and afternoon highs in the upper 30's not expecting it to last all that long.

• Like 1