Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

Just now, stormtracker said:

Ok. Back on US soil. Haven’t seen anything but I’m pretty sure two things are facts:

Something has changed, as forecasts beyond 7 days do

There are the usual suspects who are concerned and nitpicking every small detail. 

amirite?

The blinds have been opening and closing with lightning speed 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Just now, stormtracker said:

Ok. Back on US soil. Haven’t seen anything but I’m pretty sure two things are facts:

Something has changed, as forecasts beyond 7 days do

There are the usual suspects who are concerned and nitpicking every small detail. 

amirite?

yes..yes you are.  we have no functioning gauges but the radio works..clear as a bell

• Like 1

Just want to point this out:

The 6z ENS suits (GEFS and EPS both) had the ridge taller and the energy digging further west. The 12z run from yesterday is still very much on the table, because we all know that models have a tendency to overcorrect (which is what I suspected happened from 18z last night through 6z GFS OP this morning. Got a hunch we see the ridge trend back more amped with taller heights like ALL of us need until we find the median for the Short range wheelhouse.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Counterpoint to the idea that you're living in the wrong area if you root for big storms. I'd agree if you mean you want a big storm every winter. We're going on 7 years since our last single snowfall that reached even 8 inches. Even for this area, that's a pretty extended stretch. So can't really blame the folks who are feeling that way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

ICON looks much like yesterday's system at this range tbh. Fropa with a wave along it. Pumps ser ahead of the system and drives primary into Lake Superior. Next up, the CMC and GFS

The key is what the TPV does. Icon is back to the euro idea of 48 hours ago dropping the whole thing into the west. That pumps a ridge that links with the “block” creating just a full latitude ridge in the east. The solution we want is the tpv to side under the block and just a piece to drop in behind. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Weenie handbook 3rd edition....Chapter 2 section 4 paragraph 7 states "when the model starts failing on the storm 7 days out we say that it is 'setting up for the followup system 2 days later'"

The storm after the storm (and after that storm... and after that storm.. and then winter 2023 - 2024 on December 5.. and )

• Haha 1