Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Dont even care about the surface at all. That upper air look is a straight up beat down. Just have to keep it for the next week. Starting to feel a bit excited. 

First legit threat to track for the entire sub forum which is always fun. I’m not even hunting a KU, just a nice Christmas appetizer of a few inches would be great. That upper level look says aspire more weenie, though. ;) 

• Like 3

Just now, IUsedToHateCold said:

This is just a weird progression. 13 inches in Raleigh and 4 inches for Baltimore, 0.8 inches for New Haven, CT? I'm sure it's possible, but....

That first low robs the real storm of its energy, but I think that’s a phantom depiction. It won’t play out like that. As long as the 500mb setup is there, I like what I see for the EC from VA to new england

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

First legit threat to track for the entire sub forum which is always fun. I’m not even hunting a KU, just a nice Christmas appetizer of a few inches would be great. That upper level look says aspire more weenie, though. ;) 

Yeah seriously! Like I said earlier--even a few inches would make for a white Christmas given how frickin' cold it's looking to be afterward! So while of course I'd love more, this is one instance I'm gonna TRY not to be picky given how rare it would be. Closest snow to Christmas we've had to track in years, lol 

3 minutes ago, CentralVaNATS said:

I'll take 2 to 4 inches in Central VA of fresh dendritic growth by Xmas eve am. Don't need 12"+ but sure I'll take that as well.
GRATIS

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

More than happy to take that off your hands. 

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

That first low robs the real storm of its energy, but I think that’s a phantom depiction. It won’t play out like that. As long as the 500mb setup is there, I like what I see for the EC from VA to new england

Agree. Without that front runner it’s a nuke from VA to ME. 500mb continues to look high end and the operationals will jump around until we’re dealing with a shorter lead time. Hard to not feel at least modestly bullish on this given the extraordinarily persistent signal and overall pattern evolution.