Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

4 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Well that didn't take long for the GFS to partially cave. It usually takes a day or 2 at this timeframe. 

The cutter solutions this far out often stick to verify because there is so much geographical freedom, possibilities for warm, rainy solutions...... 100 miles west or 1000 miles west or anything in between. For a snowy solution, you have such limited margin for error with track.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

The cutter solutions this far out often stick to verify because there is so much geographical freedom, possibilities for warm, rainy solutions...... 100 miles west or 1000 miles west or anything in between. For a snowy solution, you have such limited margin for error with track.  

Yes, I was just saying the GFS is normally stubborn and doesn't cave so quickly to other models no matter what the scenario. It usually takes a few days and not just 1 or 2 model runs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Monmouth_County_Jacpot said:

The old saying. You got to smell the rain before you get the snow. All I know is before this winter is over we should be in for one hell of a KU storm with all this rain we have been getting

What a change. We had like one of the driest summers on record with low humidity. I loved it 

11 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I mean this always had a risk of cutting per below older runs.

Recent runs gave us a head fake.

Like Forky stated after Christmas.

And what has changed in the pattern depicted in the ensembles?

image.thumb.png.fa1a2942b0d8b4c1188312a8d9e4b3cd.png

Once a cutter, always a cutter. Even one warm run usually tells the story. This far out you want a whiff, and then it works its way west. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, White Gorilla said:

This is a really great point. I know we often say when it's a cutter the solution locks in a week out but snowstorms always come down to the wire but what you said is very true. Whether a low goes over Chicago Detriot or Pittsburgh it really makes no difference to us and we won't notice. The GFS is still like 700 miles SE of the other models but who really cares in this subforum. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SnowEMass said:

Once a cutter, always a cutter. Even one warm run usually tells the story. This far out you want a whiff, and then it works its way west. 

Not always I've definitely seen the models be too overamped in this range but 2 straight runs plowing into the lakes from the 2 models I trust the most is a pretty bleak sign. 

8 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

It's over. These storms that cut like this don't trend east. It's not an inland runner. It's a strong low setting up shop in the midwest. 

That's how it looks to me too. And the key features are only 4-5 days out from being in their critical locations, so there's not a ton of time for changes. But things could still evolve differently, so we'll all probably continue to track.

2 minutes ago, eduggs said:

That's how it looks to me too. And the key features are only 4-5 days out from being in their critical locations, so there's not a ton of time for changes. But things could still evolve differently, so we'll all probably continue to track.

Unfortunately it's going to take a lot of evolving to move this baby east 1000 miles especially when all models are way west. 

• Confused 1