• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

If we get ourselves a persistent 24 hours onshore flow of 20-35KT, I see more flooding at high tide the 22nd or 23rd, than what occurred with todays high tides. New Moon coming on the 23rd I think.  Worthy of monitoring for potential moderate or greater IF we can muster ne flow for about 24 hours prior to the high tides.  I know there is potential for a period of much stronger wind but this storm for us is not a done deal, at least not yet.

• Like 5

Stormlover , I think you understood what I was saying = If you believe that the the Euro and for that matter any other model is nailing this 7 days and 168 hrs out ( and I will give you that it " might"  be ) when there is still so much uncertainty and yet to be determined then I guess we can all log off right now and go Christmas shopping. I am fairly certain that the Euro at 120 or 144hrs will look different than it did on the last run ( it might even look completely different on it's next run ) If the Euro was showing us an  " L " directly over the benchmark right now I would be saying  the exact same thing.

The holiday is only adding to the level of paranoia around the forums. It's palpable. Anyway, 7 days out and appreciate those providing objective information, even if it's difficult to sift through to find. Everyone freaking out on one side or the other just needs to relax and get some perspective. 

3 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Looks like the CMC through 96

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Brutal.   Just can't win.    Not over but not good trends  GFS is an outlier but maybe the outlier scores a coup...

6 days out is an eternity.

I bet all of you gave up early when we had the big snowstorms in the past.

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Brutal.   Just can't win.    Not over but not good trends  GFS is an outlier but maybe the outlier scores a coup...

As someone mentioned, the GFS is a totally different storm evolution. That’s all or nothing.

I’m most interested in seeing if the GFS continues as such an extreme outlier; would certainly keep things spicy. 

Seriously though, this is WAY better than last Dec even if it ends in disappointment. I’ll take the seasonable cold and trackable threats to rainy torch city any day. The extreme -PNA was soul crushing last year.

Already ahead IMO. 

1 minute ago, Franklin0529 said:

Take the rose colored glasses off. When the gfs is on it's own its usually always wrong. I want snow as much as anyone.  But the trends since yesterday afternoon aren't good

Of course but is the storm tomorrow ? Be realistic and just continue to track it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

6 days out is an eternity.

I bet all of you gave up early when we had the big snowstorms in the past.

So was 15 days, 10 days, now 6 days. Each time we’re on the wrong side of the final solution. Rapidly losing hope for the pre Xmas storm. After that, things aren’t as promising as this period was supposed to be, so maybe that’s when we do well. This threat is on life support for a snowy solution 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, mikem81 said:

I am assuming the CMC and Euro dont have a rising PNA like the GFS so there is a trough out west that forces this to cut into Chicago. Not sure what a -4 AO is good for at this point..

Exactly

We haven't gotten anything yet out of the massive negative AO .